Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping up to date with FSF

FSFRebecca

As you know we post regular newsletters and updates about our FSF world - not the whole EYFS world ... just us!

Sometimes people miss bits and pieces, so I thought I'd make sure you didn't miss a thing by putting links and pointers here!

If you're reading this now, why don't you click on the 'follow this topic' at the top right of the post then you will get alerts when anything here is updated.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Here's our big news from this week .... we're very proud of what we do and we're so very smiley, particularly the dog.

If you're interested in who's who ...

Reading left to right front row: Tom, Sue, Emily, Finlay (dog), Helen, Lauren, Rebecca H and Rebecca (me!!" ::1a)

Back row Joe, Steve, Vicky, Andy and Matt

FSF advert.pdf

• Like 4

... in case you thought we hadn't been busy!

• We've updated the Tapestry protocol to include new advice about setting passwords. You can see it in the resource library
  • We have sent out a new FSF newsletter this week
  • The buttons for you to use on your website to link people to Tapestry have been updated for our new version of Tapestry. You can access the link buttons from here - there are buttons for original Tapestry as well as for updated Tapestry

• 2 weeks later...

... Bits and pieces that we've done this week:

... busy busy busy at FSF

• a new article about play in early years science - read it here and talk about it here
  • a new book review called 'Let's talk behaviour!' - read it here and talk about it here
  • We have posted our notes from the Ofsted 'Big Conversation' in London. You can read the notes and join in our conversation on the FSF: Inspections and Inspectors
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last month was busy ... here's an overview of what went on...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here we are, back after Christmas ... here is what we've been up to since we last posted here!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just in case you blinked and missed them here are some of the things we have been up to during February!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is our regular monthly update of things that might have passed you by ... a little light Easter reading!

We have published articles:

We have kept you up to date with important developments and news from the sector:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We've been very busy since our last update! Here are some of the things you might have missed....

We have published the following article:

• Ofsted Complaints Procedure - this article talks through the process following the receipt of a complaint about an inspection. You can talk about the article here and share your experiences with other members.

and have reviewed the following book:

• Little Meerkat's BIG PANIC - This lovely book helps you understand the ways in which the different parts of the brain work together to contribute to emotional well-being. You can comment on this thread.

We have, of course, also kept you up to date with research findings, government publications and early years commentary from across the sector. You can look back at these by following the links:

and finally ... this month we received the most lovely feedback from one of our members - it's feedback like this that really makes our job worthwhile and it goes to show that what we do by keeping you up to date really does make a difference to your practice and provision!

"This morning I have had a visit from a local authority advisor to have our regular 'catch up' meeting. We have a new advisor this year, which is always a bit of a challenge, however, I am very proud of my provision and very confident and able to speak passionately to anyone who is mad enough to listen!!!

So, to get to my point - she was so impressed with how 'up to date' I am with 'everything' and wanted to know how I 'know so much' - e.g. she wanted to introduce me to SSTEW, I was able to say "oh yes we use that here, i have the booklet, would you like me to show you how we use it", she talked about new STAT Framework - I was able to pull out my downloaded copy.
What I am trying to say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU - the only reason that I am 'up to date' is because of you guys and the fantastic forum members. I made absolutely clear to her that the forum is where I get all my info from and what a wonderful 'tool' this is."
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since our last post we have sent out the June newsletter, did you see it? If you missed it, it is here: June Newsletter. In the newsletter you will find lots of links to recent articles, book reviews and active threads. We have been particularly pleased with the interest in our 'courses and events' page. All the courses advertised meet our strict criteria - Local authorities that we are working with or courses that cost less that £50 that are not part of an individual's consultancy or training company.

The general election has meant that the DfE has been quiet with few updates and announcements. However, with the unexpected election result and the new cabinet being shuffled (as we write) we are anticipating a flurry of news and intitiatives, so watch this space!

I am still looking for a recently inspected setting to take advantage of our front page slot ... could it be you?! If you would like to let us all about your inspection experience get in touch rebecca@eyfs.info. You can see on this thread the kind of information that has been shared with us previously.

• 4 weeks later...

Suddenly it's July and this thread has almost completed it's first academic year!

Since we last updated here the FSF has been hugely busy. Here are some headlines from the last month that might have slipped under your radar in the end of term excitement...

• We were delighted to announce in June our involvement in the new early years APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group), this is really big news and you can read all about it here
  • We are also extremely excited about launching our new Tapestry assessment and monitoring system for KS1 and KS2, you can have a look at it here. Like EY Tapestry, trials are free!
  • We have also launched Tapestry for Montessori settings. This has full links to the EY framework and full explanations to help you and your colleagues deliver a Montessori curriculum effectively and efficiently. If you are interested in trying out Tapestry for Montessori settings then you can request a trial here
  • We have made sure that you have access to lots of new courses and events - many are free, they are all over the country
  • We have kept you up to date with newly published research
  • We have published a book review of Tools of the Mind and also of We’re OK with risky play!
  • Following the General Election we have kept you informed regarding the new Education Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet
  • We have posted updated guidance from the DfE: Guidance on exemptions for individual children
  • All this as well as making sure that FSF threads get answered and members' questions get responses from Ofsted

If you're breaking up soon, happy summer hols!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I know that some of our members are enjoying a well-earned holiday at the moment, even then I know they will working their way steadily through a lengthy 'To Do' list. Perhaps there was something posted on the forum over the last few months that you missed? Maybe there was something you meant to go back to, but never quite found the time ... is it the time now? We've been very busy since our last update, here are some of the things that might have passed you by!

We are ready for September and all the news stories and reports that will bring. You can rely on us to ensure you don't miss out!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone and welcome to a somewhat drizzly mid-September!

I hope you are all back and settling in with your new children - the journey to the first half-term is always tricky. The children are always exhausted and the teachers are tearing their hair out that 'these are the worst ones ever!' - I promise you they are not and after 1/2 term and a bit of a rest and 'regroup' all will be well ::1a

In case you have been away from the forum and busily settling your new children, here are few things that might have slipped by you!

• As it's September, we have been giving advice, along with other experienced FSF members, to new Managers New Manager?
  • We have been providing support for our weaving friends Tapestry support
  • We remain vigilant in keeping you up to date with newly announced consultations, Functional Skills and feeding back Government responses, Primary assessment consultation
  • We haven't let you forget about national charity fundraising days, Beep Beep!
  • We have reported back on our involvement with the new early years and childcare APPG and we have asked you questions that MPs have raised, 'Are you taking in ironing?'
  • And as always we have been signposting you to interesting research stories in the news, child poverty action group

Heads down towards half-term now!

• 1 month later...

So back to work after half-term for many of you... I hope that if you had half-term you were able to relax and rejuvenate! If you were not lucky enough to have a break then I hope you have  pencilled in some time to relax before the craziness of this 2nd half of term really gets going! 

In this latest update we are pointing you towards some of the key things that have happened in the last few weeks:

Phew, see you again soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So, Happy New Year! Hopefully you are all fired up and raring to go ... since our last update here we have been very busy at FSF HQ

and finally

• We have begun a series of 12 forum pieces which will help you prepare efficiently for the new GDPR legislation that comes into effect in May this year. You can access the first 3 of this series from here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)