Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

invoicing

Hello,

How do you manage the invoicing and payments from parents?

I am wondering whether to use quick books but a bit daunted by the process of starting up, completing information and costs to then find it doesn't work..

We are a busy setting with wrap around care and invoicing on excel doesn't seem to work

Thanks

• Like 1

We have just this minute cancelled quickbooks after complaints from parents...and gone back to

handwritten invoices ....more accurate.....main problem....not enough detail...my accounts manager loaded all on

then after 6 months of hassle,we gave up.....perhaps there is a another successful system out there for us...

but until then good old reliable hand written invoices......good luck xx

Edited by tish501

We are a busy setting with wrap around care and invoicing on excel doesn't seem to work

Thanks

can I ask what you need to do that isn't working?

My daughter used quickbooks for her business without issue ....but once set up she then just sorted out her own system!

We always used excel, then admin ladies said it was too much, after months and months of discussions about databases - we purchased abacus! Biggest waste of time and money for us as it is not fit for what we need,the ratio side never worked out correctly, far too much input to even get an invoice raised. So we are looking at cancelling contract.

How do you find completing handwritten invoices and why did parents complain?

Do you complete them on excel finsleymaid? Could excel work for invoicing, balance, statements Tec??

I am looking into QuickBooks, but I don't want it to be another wasted exercise and money.

Edited by pickles37

Not sure if Superfox is still going - Kent backed it when it first came on the scene. I'm far too small to want to use it, but you can track it down if you google Superfox. It was originally designed for nurseries, playgroups, out of school clubs etc. and was not expensive. In fact, I think Kent paid our subscriptions to it - bet they wouldn't now!

I use kindersoft it's not all singing and dancing but once set up it generates invoices in a few seconds. You should be s me to e mail them out in a flash but I havnt figured out how yet, so I batch print.

Prices are on their website and a trial version. I looked at others but we only wanted invoicing so went with these as more cost effective. I didn't go for back up cost as an extra I just back up weekly onto usb

Do you complete them on excel finsleymaid? Could excel work for invoicing, balance, statements Tec??

we have a standard letter set up which we transfer the info to and then print out. The excel sheet is pretty simple but I guess we only produce about 30 invoices a term

Hi finsleymaid - thank you for your reply.

We have about 60 invoices. How do you keep a control over balances, underpayments/overpayments or non payments?

x

they're just on an excel spreadsheet ...formula set to add up take away etc ...we don't do complicated!!