Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early years debates in Westminster

Well, the first one was a rehash of everything we already know: The higher the level of staff qualifications the better the outcome for children, some parents needed more support than others, some children were more 'school ready' than others - I got a bit frustrated to be honest - going over old ground but with nothing else to add - we all know that it's the finances that are the problem and are they key to many of the issues ... but they weren't offering pots of gold to providers!

The second one was more interesting - the minister Sam Gyimah MP says updates re: the 30 hours funding are 'imminent' he also said the Government would be "Reforming the entire system ... the old system doesn't work ... the system needs to be fit for purpose" this was in relation to the finding arrangements for the 30 hours.

i'll put the notes from the debate up when the Govt put them on the Parliament website.

Will look forward to your notes Rebecca thank you :1b

Just as an aside - I didn't realise until he appeared on Questiontime that you pronounce Gyimah with an e sound as in Genius and not an i sound as in Git bit :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 2

Have just watched tiny smidgen. Quite heart warming so far to see mp's have our same understanding of EY being where we can support children with language Dev and social & emotional development. So far as I have watched all mps really do seem to get what we are doing and achieving with the children in our care. Have heard Sam yet perhaps he is the only one who does not understand.

I will watch the rest a bit later. I need to get to work now. It's party time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)