Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you like to talk about?

I know some of us like to pop into the 'Chat room' from time to time and eat cake and drink wine and generally put the world to rights ... but ... I was wondering - how about we brought the chat room out into the forum once in a while but agreed in advance what the topic of conversation would be?

This is my idea:

• We agree a day and time and I set up a thread on the forum in the right place (management , or inspections etc etc)
  • You lovely people sign into the forum and find the thread and we can chat and share ideas 'in real time' I know that sometimes people post questions and then it can be a few days before we get a full range of replies
  • If it is successful we could make it a regular event - if there are documents that people refer to during the conversation I'm happy to find them all and attach them to the thread for people so that after the conversation has finished you can go back to the thread and find all the useful bits people had mentioned

These seem to be the things that people want to talk about at the moment:

1. Successful interviews
  2. Transition procedures
  3. Supporting staff who have 'lost their mojo'

What do you think? If we found the right topic would you be interested in joining in. You could bring a bottle and some crisps to share ;)

You are blooming stars - I shall make a firm arrangement - How about this Friday (24th) 7.30 - 8.30pm. I will shout about it on the Forum and hopefully we'll get lots of people chatting.

FSF Live chat Huzzah!

So far -

Panders

Stargrower

Sunnyday

... and me ....

Who else is in?!

We can confirm subject on Wednesday - any ideas or pleas to me before then rebecca@eyfs.info

Hi I will be around, esp if football is on the telly. I would like some ideas of how to make activities more challenging for our older children. Some have been with us since being 2, so have seen and used all our reasources over and over and therfore nothing we put out is engaging them anymore. I'm always looking on Pintrest for ideas. All they want is there tablets, i pads etc.

• Like 4

Hi I will be around, esp if football is on the telly. I would like some ideas of how to make activities more challenging for our older children. Some have been with us since being 2, so have seen and used all our reasources over and over and therfore nothing we put out is engaging them anymore. I'm always looking on Pintrest for ideas. All they want is there tablets, i pads etc.

Ok, I shall put this on the agenda. Thanks for joining in!

Would like to but not around this Fri evening, will look in later to catch up though.....and no football to get out either

If it''s popular I'd like to do it regularly! I'll have a bowl of crisps on your behalf though if that's ok?

• Like 1

The thread will stay 'live' as all our threads do - so feel free to pop in at any time!

I can't do Friday nights but does that mean I can still read them when I get in from pub later ?

I'm liking the sound of it though.

• Like 3

Narnia, if I'm understanding Rebecca rightly this would be a normal thread rather than a visit to the chat room just taking place in real time.

Rebecca I like the idea and am generally around at that time. Am not technically in Early Years anymore but will contribute what I can. For me the closest I get is trying to work out how to manage a KS1 structured play area!

• Like 1

I'm potentially 'in'. I'm usually home on Fridays, and we can keep the more 'informal chatty chats for a different evening so they don't clash.

Don't worry about Friday yet, we need to decide if we're 'in' or 'out' on Thursday first! ;) ::1a

• Like 3

i's beenso long for me that I'm rather afraid I have forgotten how to access the chat page??

Not on chat Narnia - real time .... so that after the conversation I can attach any ideas / documents / references people have talked about or asked about .... it's a virtual staff meeting (kind of a thingy)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)