Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

professional development

what is professional development to you?

and why is it important?

I am doing an essay on it and i am confused on what to write. Any help is much appreciated.

PD is when you are looking towards getting more qualified or trained. It doesnt have to be a major course it could be learning a new skill such as word processing........ first aid training, doing one of the many courses that are available to you...safeguarding training....

It is a plan of action to help a person become better at their job.

Hope this helps.

Actually i think i might have said it includes anything that gives you more information to do your job. So reading an article on the FSF is as important (and often more relevant ) to developing your skills and knowledge as a practitioner than attending a course.

You need CPD to keep you up to date/relevant/informed/skilled and to be able to work effectively

Early years develops and changes over the years and therefore so must we as practitioners failure to keep up to date with new research and developments will not allow you to improve outcomes for the children or yourself.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)