Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school song

I would like to have a special song about our Pre-school, using very simple, repetitive tunes and words. In the past I have made up songs and stories but just can't get my head around this one.

Does anyone have the sort of song that I mean for their nursery? They have them at First Schools and other schools locally but obviously much more complicated and wordy.

I thought the children could sing it at our "leavers" ceremony amongst other songs.

The other thing is that this year will be the first time we are inviting parents to the little ceremony, we have always just done it with the children and staff but we thought we would change it to invite parents. How do you organise yours, if you have one?

All ideas will be gratefully received - thank you.

V

At the end of every session our children sing "We wave bye-bye together, we wave bye-bye together, we wave bye-bye together as children like to do. We'll see you again another day, we'll see you again another day, we'll see you again another day, as children like to do." I'm sure you could adapt this to be appropriate.

we do the tick tock song at the end of every session (not unlike cait's example) ...however I often make up songs ! I would be happy to make one up for you if you wanted!!!! using the formula of same tune different words usually works!

we do the tick tock song at the end of every session (not unlike cait's example) ...however I often make up songs ! I would be happy to make one up for you if you wanted!!!! using the formula of same tune different words usually works!

Now i really need to know how the 'tick tock song' goes :1b

• Like 1

We use the mulberry bush song and sing

"This is the way we say goodbye,

say goodbye, say goodbye.

This is the way we say good bye

at pre school in the morning"

The children wave their arms in the air as we sing it. Works well for us.

• Like 1

We have made up a song about our ' 5 Golden Rules' - To the tune of 12345 once I caught a fish alive......

12345 we have rules to help our lives

Gentle Hands and Taking Turns

Helps us play and helps us learn

We, dont, Break Our Toys

We Listen to the teachers and the Girls and Boys

Then, when, we've finished our play....

we Tidy away for another day!

Have you guessed what the rules are yet....? : )

PS. The Tick Tock Song is terrific...... for 'anytime'!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)