Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bank holiday weekend!

sunnyday

Yay!!!

I am seriously not sure how it can be this far into the year already :blink: but anyway I do love a BH weekend :1b

Mine will, hopefully, be full of gardening, dog walking (my sons Choc Lab is coming to stay for a week!), grandchildren minding - lovely :1b

I am not going to do anything even vaguely pre-school related :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

• Like 8

Yay!!!

I am seriously not sure how it can be this far into the year already :blink: but anyway I do love a BH weekend :1b

Mine will, hopefully, be full of gardening, dog walking (my sons Choc Lab is coming to stay for a week!), grandchildren minding - lovely :1b

I am not going to do anything even vaguely pre-school related :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

Hopefully, ticking many of the same boxes here too Sunnyday, but have heard number one son, now 31 b******d his ankle at football training last night and is on crutches, so could yet be an odd weekend!

ooh fur balls...lovely!

Husband going clay pigeon shooting tomorrow :lol: or maybe clay pigeon missing more likely :blink:

Have then got to do a little work and LOTS of planting for the allotment,,,can't do digging at the moment have done me back in :unsure:

• Like 3

Usual school planning and prep for me and then I am resting. Am proper poorly - actually took a day off on Wednesday - the first time in 14 years! :o Felt so guilty but given that I slept all day and then through the night too I think I needed it.

Panders - hope your son recovers quickly!

• Like 1

Usual school planning and prep for me and then I am resting. Am proper poorly - actually took a day off on Wednesday - the first time in 14 years! :o Felt so guilty but given that I slept all day and then through the night too I think I needed it.

Panders - hope your son recovers quickly!

Apparently, he's being rather stoic about it all, went to work, hasn't been taking any pain killers (beyond me why not) getting on DIL's wick because now that he has come home from work "he needs to rest" not going down too well.

Froglet, you have been poorly now for a little while, so obviously not shaken it off - could it be a mixture of over work? I know you will be trying very hard at your new job, be kind to yourself, rest properly now and come back fighting fit please.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

Yes wishing you well Froglet..

Granddaughters 4th birthday today. We were aiming for the zoo tomorrow, but might be a trifle chilly.

New baby due in the next three weeks and my daughters wedding later in the year, so busy, busy, busy.

Wherever you are and whatever you do may it be enjoyable for you all.

• Like 4

Froglet, you have been poorly now for a little while, so obviously not shaken it off - could it be a mixture of over work? I know you will be trying very hard at your new job, be kind to yourself, rest properly now and come back fighting fit please.

Bless you. I'm doing my best. Several people at school have bad chest infections. Apparently I don't - only an 'incipient' one! They've given me a course of antibiotics to ward a proper one off and changed inhalers and things. I'm still using mine 6-8 times a day though and have a horrible hacking, barking cough which has wrenched my stomach muscles (I wish it would, at least, tone them a little! ;) ) and is probably driving my neighbours up the wall!

Hmmm I really don't think that is good enough excuse - are you saying then that you intended to 'head' someone else but due to tiredness and poor eyesight you 'nutted' your own child - shocking just shocking.....

LOL :lol: :lol:

You;ve met the daughter in question then???!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: ::1a :lol: ::1a Surprised it hasn't happened before as we work together! :ph34r: :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :wub: :1b

• Like 3

Bless you. I'm doing my best. Several people at school have bad chest infections. Apparently I don't - only an 'incipient' one! They've given me a course of antibiotics to ward a proper one off and changed inhalers and things. I'm still using mine 6-8 times a day though and have a horrible hacking, barking cough which has wrenched my stomach muscles (I wish it would, at least, tone them a little! ;) ) and is probably driving my neighbours up the wall!

Very well then young Froggie, look after yourself and keep taking the medicine! Supply earplugs for next door, they'll be fine.

• Like 2

They can take a lot of shaking off, and the pain from those pulled muscles is dreadful! My doc told me that a broken rib hurts less!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone - am currently curled up on the sofa, still in pjs, watching nonsense on TV re-reading Harry Potter and contemplating fish finger sandwich for lunch!

Thought this might make you smile froglet...but don't laugh or you'll start coughing!!!!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frog+with+a+cough&view=detail&mid=D1735E8BB3859125B7BBD1735E8BB3859125B7BB&FORM=VIRE

I hadn't realised they'd released that video of me! I have to (modestly) say I think I look particularly lovely in that one! ;)

• Like 1

Bank holiday plans scuppered as Mum had a fall last night. Discharged from hospital at midnight after blood tests and X Ray and ECG. All seems fine but we are monitoring her closely!

• Like 1

Bank holiday plans scuppered as Mum had a fall last night. Discharged from hospital at midnight after blood tests and X Ray and ECG. All seems fine but we are monitoring her closely!

How's She feeling today? Hope you manage a bit of down time this weekend xx

She says she's fine, keeps repeating the same phrase 'I'm fine, I'm fine' so I don't know whether she's trying to convince herself or us.

She's sore as she fell in the kitchen about three weeks ago and fractured a couple of ribs in a similar blackout, hopefully someone will find out what's going on soon. At least this one has convinced her that she should stop driving now.

• Like 3