Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where would you put St George's Day?

dreamgirl

We are going to do some things on St George's day next week and also the Queen. Which DM is best suited to learning something about that??? Have had a look in 30-50 and 40-60 under people and communities but can't see where to put it. Doesn't seem to be anything about learning something about a significant person that isn't family. . It's not really "a job or way of life" is it???

It's not really a DM thing but is part of the statutory educational programme: Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.

Children will be finding out about their community - not just their own culture. This links to the skills they will need to demonstrate in the ELG ; They know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families, communities and traditions.

You can use your own words to assess your outcomes based on the skills you are supporting so I'd say do that.

Cx

• Like 3

Well, not going crazy. Going to show pictures of the main characters in story. Tell the story. Put out selection of materials to make England flag....red paint, red collage materials, scissors, glue etc, encourage diff ways of making the cross, can take their flag home. put out large range of junk modelling and make a big dragon. Found a hobby horse in charity shop so will play with children to be st George riding around to catch dragon. Pretty sure the boys will want to make swords....they've been making these all week actually, on their own, with rolled up pieces of paper, so nice link there! Only going to do it for about 3 days and do the queens birthday on Thursday. Again, not going mad as will do more in June. Just going to make a birthday card for queen which we will take to post office to post.

It's not really a DM thing but is part of the statutory educational programme: Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.

Children will be finding out about their community - not just their own culture. This links to the skills they will need to demonstrate in the ELG ; They know about similarities and differences between themselves and others, and among families, communities and traditions.

You can use your own words to assess your outcomes based on the skills you are supporting so I'd say do that.

Cx

Thank you Catma. I could write my own objective but have to attach my evidence to one of the statements in target tracker. Am in nursery and sometimes the wording of the ELG is better than the DMs. Will whack it in somewhere!

Thank you Catma. I could write my own objective but have to attach my evidence to one of the statements in target tracker. Am in nursery and sometimes the wording of the ELG is better than the DMs. Will whack it in somewhere!

It's one of my bug bears when the machine overrules the professional judgement!!

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)