Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DfE 30 Hour Consultation and The Cutting Red Tape Review

Oksana1975

Have received this email today from Kent county council.

Dear Colleagues

We write to let you know of two current consultation/reviews which affect the Early Years and childcare sector:

1. DfE 30 Hour Consultation

The DfE is seeking views on key elements of the operation and delivery of the 30 hours extended free entitlement for the working parents of 3- and 4-year olds. The consultation is now live until 6th June 2016.

Link to the 30 hours consultation document https://consult.education.gov.uk/early-years-funding/childcare-free-entitlement

Link to the 30 hours consultation mailbox: 30Hours.CONSULTATION@education.gsi.gov.uk

1. The Cutting Red Tape Review

The government has published a call for evidence on the impact of regulation on early years providers. The review is open for comment until 20th May 2016.

For more information on the review and to provide comment visit https://cutting-red-tape.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/childcare/

Please direct any questions/enquiries to the cuttingredtape@bis.gsi.gov.uk mailbox

KCC will of course submit their own response to the consultation but we would encourage all settings to participate in both the consultation and review to ensure their views are heard.

Kind regards.

Has anyone read the 'comments' on the Cutting Red Tape Review??? So far there has been just 89, which sadly shows the lack of enthusiasm - from a nation of worn down Early Years Workers - to complete yet another 'box' .

Reading some of them I wondered if the content is exactly what the Government was asking for?? Most read like the kind of 'rants' we see on here! ha ha! Nearly all are unhappy with (in no particular order): Lack of Funding. Ofsteds inconsistancy. Evidencing Progress. and of course...........Paperwork and Policies (that are uneccessary)

Will be interesting to read the 'analysis'!

• Like 1

Has anyone read the 'comments' on the Cutting Red Tape Review??? So far there has been just 89, which sadly shows the lack of enthusiasm - from a nation of worn down Early Years Workers - to complete yet another 'box' .

Reading some of them I wondered if the content is exactly what the Government was asking for?? Most read like the kind of 'rants' we see on here! ha ha! Nearly all are unhappy with (in no particular order): Lack of Funding. Ofsteds inconsistancy. Evidencing Progress. and of course...........Paperwork and Policies (that are uneccessary)

Will be interesting to read the 'analysis'!

Oh - I will have to take a look........can't say that I have any enthusiam for yet another consultation :ph34r:

• Like 2

Oh - I will have to take a look........can't say that I have any enthusiam for yet another consultation :ph34r:

Yes do! - certainly makes you realise your not alone in your despair! - The Survey Team will need a large glass of red when they read that lot! Well they did ask......... : )

• Like 1

whilst we are on this can I ask if it is just me or do you all find the 30 hours consultation rather confusing. I'm obviously missing information...what for instance is the grace period mentioned? I'm assuming there is a load of info I have not read...but am struggling to bother! has anyone read the supporting info and would like to give me a quick synopsis ???

• Like 1

Hi, I have just been reading that bit. The grace period is just if I child becomes ineligible part way through a term, you'd still get the funding for the rest of the term. It seems roughly the next half term is the grace period. Exceptions may be where eg there is domestic violence and a parent has moved out of home and job in order to be safe. Or if there is an appeal.

Does that help?

• Like 1

The consultation on the 30 hours also asks for views on how the ‘grace period’ for parents will operate, which is intended to allow parents to keep their childcare place for a short period if they have become ineligible for the offer, for example, if they are out of work for a short period of time.

For the first time local authorities will be managing a ‘grace period’ for childcare. Councils and childcare providers will need to make it clear to parents how the ‘grace period’ operates.

Ha, who is going to monitor it? again us?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)