Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jigsaw puzzles

zigzag

I have an observation of a child who completed a 35 piece puzzle but who actually understood the difference between the outside pieces and the inside pieces. Would this come under shape, space and measure? Don't find it particularly clear where puzzles are covered now.

• Like 1

I have an observation of a child who completed a 35 piece puzzle but who actually understood the difference between the outside pieces and the inside pieces. Would this come under shape, space and measure? Don't find it particularly clear where puzzles are covered now.

That's where we put it.

I think it probably has too, the child was thinking critically to have made those choices, and if they could also explain their knowledge, they could go into C&L also, etc.

Ours love jigsaws, personally, I am useless at them!! not my thing at all, but I help with them with words and show them how jigsaws work etc., I think they love it that I struggle sometimes and staff come and rescue me! ::1a ::1a ::1a

Edited by Panders

Could show evidence of PD M&H - using one-handed equipment. Also could demonstrate Lots of COEL's - lots of trial and error and perseverance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)