Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another bash!

finleysmaid

Has anyone else noticed that they are not getting notifications when they have been quoted or liked?? Definite gremlin alert! I have found that if I try and post and it doesnt want to upload, I then press refresh button on my computer and it will go. Gosh, does that make any sense at all???? Still cant see it when I use like button.

• Like 1

I played that to one of my sons yesterday -

he said "you need to have that running in your entrance area for parents to see"

me "why, it's really not their problem and they would (I think) all pay a top-up, but I'm not allowed to charge it"

him "well if I saw that as a parent I would give you a donation, they can't do that if they don't even know there's a problem"

• Like 3

Thanks for posting that article Finsleysmaid. Interesting. Wonder where their figures come from. Average day nursery has 59 children and a third of their 3 /4 year olds will be eligible for EYPP. Really???? Surely most parents using day nurseries do so because they work and don't meet the criteria. One of the 'recommendations' is that EYPP is increased and used to meet the higher wage needed for employing a teacher. It also speaks about early years staff being trained in elements of supporting speech and language development.

Does anyone else feel that we being expected to provide more and more services with less and less support ourselves - health visitor, social worker, speech and language, benefits advisor, housing officer -the list goes on! I do understand that our role does and will overlap with other professionals because of the relationships we have with some of our families. Unfortunately, something is going to give because many of us are at breaking point especially with the seemingly endless negative comments in the media recently. When you add into the mix the huge financial impact of recent changes, many groups (especially small rural, PVI, packaway etc) will no longer be viable. Sad times ahead.

• Like 8

You hit the nail on the head their Isp as managers now we have to be all things to all people ...I am no longer capable of teaching a 3yr old but I it's ok for me to have to pull a number of agencies together for meetings that I am then capable of completing a 27 page EHCP because every other agency involved has passed the buck to me...most likely because I was the one prepared to put the time in for free :-(

Thank you for highlighting off the main points finleysmaid, I don't see how they did the maths for paying a teacher from EYPP either, I have 3 eligible yet another 8 on S&L that aren't entitled to it, and I suppose all those extra training courses through our counties to promote communication over the years were a waste of time and money to it now seems :-/

• Like 6

Yes thanks for that article finsleysmaid, interesting and irritating! Isp and Mouse both make very good points and were my thinking too.

How would EYPP work in reality, to pay a wage for a Graduate when the 'amount' of children year on year who are eligible will vary so much? Another - laying off of staff because we cannot afford it this year??

Very good point about the role of SenCo too Mousekeeter. This role in preschool is becoming somewhat a joke! I cannot believe the amount of extra work I have to put in to support children with not only S & L issues but many other disabilities, is overwhelming! - All on 'Living Wage' by the way.....and yet I'm not considered "Professional" enough in the eyes if the STC crew!

I resent this hypocrosy - We either are 'good enough' or we are not!! i wish I was in a financial posaition to say "stuff it" but now they have also moved the goalpost for retirement I guess I will have to finish my 'career' feeling somewhat a failure? Thanks.

• Like 6

I resent this hypocrosy - We either are 'good enough' or we are not!! i wish I was in a financial posaition to say "stuff it" but now they have also moved the goalpost for retirement I guess I will have to finish my 'career' feeling somewhat a failure? Thanks.

That's me too except that I know, despite the constant 'bashing', that I am not a 'failure', I know how hard we work in our small rural setting and how much we achieve for and with our children.......

I always imagined that I would be retired by now, but as you say goalposts were moved so that won't be happening for quite some time - unless, of course, the financial position makes it impossible to 'carry on'.......

Have to say, deep in my heart, I know that I wouldn't have retired yet anyway, I still have energy and enthusiasm for my job and this is just another 'fight' that I/we will take on......

• Like 10

That's me too except that I know, despite the constant 'bashing', that I am not a 'failure', I know how hard we work in our small rural setting and how much we achieve for and with our children.......

I always imagined that I would be retired by now, but as you say goalposts were moved so that won't be happening for quite some time - unless, of course, the financial position makes it impossible to 'carry on'.......

Have to say, deep in my heart, I know that I wouldn't have retired yet anyway, I still have energy and enthusiasm for my job and this is just another 'fight' that I/we will take on......

Yes, your right Sunnyday - I shall be back in on Monday with a smile on my face and a spring in my toes! Cos it's what we do, is'nt it!

( but I DO like a rant)! : )

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)