Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Passport / birth certificate

Before the fee portal system came in, the funding form used to ask that we see the original passport or birth certificate for the child, but I can't see that on the form any more - or is it my eyesight?

Do you still ask to see that?

Before the fee portal system came in, the funding form used to ask that we see the original passport or birth certificate for the child, but I can't see that on the form any more - or is it my eyesight?

Do you still ask to see that?

Yes, I just dont keep a copy of it any more. I do write down the number of either passport or BC though

We aren't actually allowed to keep copies of birth certificates. When funding first came in we were told to do it so that they could be checked when county audited us. However, after about 5 years or so we were categorically informed that NO WAY should we be photocopying and keeping them, and any we still held should be shredded or returned to parents forthwith!

• Like 2

We aren't actually allowed to keep copies of birth certificates. When funding first came in we were told to do it so that they could be checked when county audited us. However, after about 5 years or so we were categorically informed that NO WAY should we be photocopying and keeping them, and any we still held should be shredded or returned to parents forthwith!

We had similar in Kent Cait, data protection and all that. I do keep the number of the B /C or Pport on file though, don't feel a tick in a box would satisfy come an audit, at least a number might induce them to think I had really seen the evidence.

We had similar in Kent Cait, data protection and all that. I do keep the number of the B /C or Pport on file though, don't feel a tick in a box would satisfy come an audit, at least a number might induce them to think I had really seen the evidence.

Yes I had a space for me to write the birth certificate number down on the child's registration form. One of those empowering 'For office use only' boxes!

• Like 3

identity theft is such a huge problem nowadays im surprised that anyone would want to keep these sort of details...we only keep what we absolutely need to ...my LEA wouldn't have a clue what ive got in my files! :lol:

Our LA check finleysmaid, when we are audited.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)