Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

setting next steps

we review our next steps every week at a full staff meeting - if they are achieved a new one is created if not the child's next step is carried forward to the next week - if not achieved after about 3 weeks it is reviewed to see why - either set too high or we are not providing the correct environment for it to be achieved.

Thank you for your replies. We currently set ours every month. Some staff would like more time however I agree with hopeytg, I think if they are not achieved after 3 weeks we are either setting to high or not organising the environment/routine for them to be achieved. Would love to hear more views

I go through the observations and assessments at the end of each day and plan for the next day the child is coming. Our 'next steps' are small though, e.g. when a child can orally blend cvc words, their next step would be to blend ccvc words and then cvcc. Or if they know which number is one more to 10, next is one more to 20 or one less to 10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)