Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phone call from department of education

But can I ask you all do you always include your fundraising when being asked for financial information?

I wouldn't - fundraising is a completely separate 'issue' in my eyes........

thumper - would you like me to post my questionnaire to you? ;) ::1a

As I said earlier I have had a look at it and have decided that I am not going to 'play ball' :ph34r: I have more than enough to do without answering their questions - seems to me that they largely ignore information provided or twist it to meet their pre-determined goals

• Like 2

I don't include fundraising. It's a difficult thing to forcast - unless you run regular events that generate a set amount. The second reason is our fundraising is virtually non-existent! But that's anot her story!! It's not something you can rely on to remain viable (although many of us has had times when this has kept us going).

• Like 3

I have been dodging it, got a very cross lady last week who said if i wanted to decline i had to fill out a form, then never sent it to me.

Chaser call today, form sent again. You have to call and give an id number to decline. It annoyed me a bit, if I don't want to do it I won't and having to find the time to decline officially irritated me!

• Like 2

I have been dodging it, got a very cross lady last week who said if i wanted to decline i had to fill out a form, then never sent it to me.

Chaser call today, form sent again. You have to call and give an id number to decline. It annoyed me a bit, if I don't want to do it I won't and having to find the time to decline officially irritated me!

Blimey :unsure:

Oh well I will continue to check caller number before answering my phone - hopefully they will give up soon :ph34r:

D'you really believe that?

Completing the survey would take far too much of my precious time :ph34r:

yes I/m afraid I do!!!! (voice of doom...da da da dahh)

in the last survey about funding they said they didn't have enough responses and the ones they did have were not clear ...mainly because there questions were ambiguous to anyone in the normal world! :lol:

so yes I do believe if we want to be heard we cant moan and then not stand up when the government gives us the chance :ph34r:

yes I/m afraid I do!!!! (voice of doom...da da da dahh)

in the last survey about funding they said they didn't have enough responses and the ones they did have were not clear ...mainly because there questions were ambiguous to anyone in the normal world! :lol:

so yes I do believe if we want to be heard we cant moan and then not stand up when the government gives us the chance :ph34r:

I hear what you're saying and I do always respond to consultations/surveys........hmmm :blink:

Well I have had my phone call and it was sooooo much fun -

Firstly we had a bit of a to do about the number of ofsted registered places that I have - regretably my inner pedenant took charge and berated the nice young man I was talking to for the questionnaire asking a question to which there was no answer - I asked him to make a note that the number of children I have each session is my choice as long as I work within the statutory framework

As we progressed through the questionnaire I got the distinct impression that my surveyor was losing the will too live!

The final question was about whether I had put my prices up - my answer was yes - my surveyor then began to reel off a list of pre-determined reasons as to why I had put prices up. I was required to answer yes or no - most of my answers were yes.

At the end my surveyor asked if there was any other reason that I had put my prices up (Doh!!!) - I let him have it with both barrels then and told him in no uncertain terms it was to make up for the shortfall caused by early education funding rates not meeting the cost of delivery - and I hope everyone will take the opportunity to respond to this question with a similar response because surprisingly this option was not one of the pre-determined questionnaire reasons for why I would put my prices up (although for the life of me I can't think why).

By the time I had finished with my surveyor I think he'd had enough - when I looked up from my call most of my staff were in stitches - apparently my "tone" had said it all - oh well nothing new there then ;-)

• Like 8

Sorry Panders that would just be wrong - I can't have any common sense - I have a degree don't you know - undertaken when the powers that be said that it was going to be a statutory requirement as obviously without said degree I couldn't possibly know what I was doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to add that of course I am soooooooo being paid a graduate's wage to go with it - NOT!!!!!

Edited by SueJ
  • Like 1

Ohhh this phone call does sound useful. The 2 people that phoned me where both regarding EYPP?

I spoke to a guy, who was ringing on behalf of the DfE and I told him, that I had already spoken to and gave details to, a lady who also rang me a few weeks ago regarding EYPP?! He then told me, that I could not have previously spoken to somebody otherwise he would not have phoned me???! I am so confused and also still of the understanding these phone calls are not genuine. It could be ANY company phoning and starting, "it is on behalf of the DfE", just to get information.

• Like 1