Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

term dates

finleysmaid

firstly thanks to all for your replies!

I am SO glad it's not just me getting confused.....the issue we seem to have is that we try to get ourselves sorted early...as I have lots of parents who like to go home for the holidays then ,just I I think I have sorted it the lea change their term dates! :wacko: :angry:

Never mind the new website - I turned an odd shade of green when I read about the 'administrator' ::1a

once we got over the sort of 30 children level we just couldn't manage...so my deputy does 6 sessions of pre-school and 4 sessions of admin ...her mum is getting on a bit so it works well as she works from home for those sessions!

New website?

Haha ....been working on it for a while....still playing around with it though ;)

so just a quickie then....what date are you all going back in September (if we follow the rules we start back on a Friday!!!!!)

Was hoping to finish on 15th July but just realised as school is taking 3 extra days at may half term we are doing the same so therefore would fall short . Thinking I may come back early from the Easter hols as parents find it so long! Should counter balance that way she says confidently not !

There's quite a bit of difference between Cumbria and North Yorkshire term dates. Cumbria break up on 21st July and NY on 26th July. That seems very late, especially as Lashes is finishing on 15th!

• Like 1

Hah Cait , I'm hoping too finish as is fredbear , we both in the same county , we usually follow school but being as they are taking inset days at end of May half term we would fall short and finish on 21st so thinking finish earlier , get a holiday in before my nieces wedding At end of July and we won't take the inset days at May and then we are providing the 13 weeks and keep Easter as it is , the only problem I have is 2 members of staff whose children attend the local primary school .

Hah Cait , I'm hoping too finish as is fredbear , we both in the same county , we usually follow school but being as they are taking inset days at end of May half term we would fall short and finish on 21st so thinking finish earlier , get a holiday in before my nieces wedding At end of July and we won't take the inset days at May and then we are providing the 13 weeks and keep Easter as it is , the only problem I have is 2 members of staff whose children attend the local primary school .

We go back on Monday 5th September as the Thursday and Friday of the previous week are inset days. My deputy and I have decided that we will fit those inset days in on a evening of the week we go back as we could technically go away that last week and the holidays should be cheaper.

I always worry when I read these threads re: giving more days than funding allows but my LA don't seem to do this. We get paid for the weeks that the schools are open so have to stick to the same dates as them. Suits most of us as all our children go to school in the same county so normally have the same inset days (apart from one random one in June but that is usually a Friday and my member of staff doesn't work that day). My youngest is also old enough to be left when she has an inset day but she usually chooses to come in with me :1b

We have found exactly the same with our LA. Therefore we are closing Friday 15th July and won't be reopening until Monday 5th September. We will close for Christmas on Friday 16th December. Why isn't anything straightforward!! We also got caught for an extra week a couple of years ago so are very cautious now!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)