Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

1-2 environment inspiration needed!

Salus

• 2 weeks later...

We created a cosy space in the under 2s room by using an old wooden cot that was still in good condition but that we didn't need anymore, we cut the legs off the bottom, took one of the sides off, turned it upside down with the mattress on the floor. We provide various pieces of material, cushions etc and the children use it however they want mostly pulling the fabric off and hiding in it under the fabric but it does get used quite a lot. I'll try take a picture tomorrow and post x

post-51881-0-58781100-1450473987_thumb.jpg

our cosy den, we have more material, cushions, basket of books, puppets etc available to use however the children want to. When Father Christmas paid us a visit one little one sat inside with a piece of material over her so we could only see her feet.

:lol:

That cot idea is fab like it looks great! We definitely need a cozy space. Would it be ok to hVe one in the designated book area as currently it's just a big carpet with a bookshelf or wil that be too limiting? We Hve another area that is sort of a concave shape with a shelf above that gives it more of a closed of feel. I was thinking off adding some drapes there but the shelves house the treasure baskets at the mo..

I'm a huge advocate of music-making with babies, so a music area? A variety of instruments (preferably non-plastic and as novel or different as possible) - you can make drums, shakers and beaters fairly easily. Instruments as permanent fixtures would be good

'Exploration bottles'? - Bottles filled with different items/resources (water and washing up liquid, water and oil,

sand, shells, pompoms etc., be creative!) for babies to explore

That cot idea is fab like it looks great! We definitely need a cozy space. Would it be ok to hVe one in the designated book area as currently it's just a big carpet with a bookshelf or wil that be too limiting? We Hve another area that is sort of a concave shape with a shelf above that gives it more of a closed of feel. I was thinking off adding some drapes there but the shelves house the treasure baskets at the mo..

We have the cot in a quiet part of the room next to our book area and yes this is where we often find children sitting or lying with a book so I think it would be a great place for your cosy area to be

Our babies love exploration bottles their favourite is one with lollipop sticks where the lollipop sticks stuck to the lid when I hot glued the lid on accidently of course, and the lollipop sticks kind of dangle from the lid almost as if they were meant to be there

• 3 weeks later...

the cot looks lovely! will defo look into that. what do you have on your ceilings? we have a few cds and light reflecting mobiles but the ceilings are quite high and everything is white which doesn't give it a cozy feel if you know what i mean?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)