Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Free Flow across 90 children

Hi, does anyone have any successful and manageable i.e. without staff needing to spend hours of their own time discussing the children every day, systems for doing this? We are delighted that the benefit of FFlow is much more CI learning than we have ever had before, but the downside is how we track it. We have small classrooms and access to the outdoor area is via a door in one classroom that we all have to go through. We are hoping to offer objective led CP which would be much easier in one classroom, but then we would lose the current opps. for large scale outdoor play and CI learning etc., which free flow has opened up.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

With our Objective Led Planning - an adult is given responsibility of 1 sheet per day and then will mark off who has done what, so it is pretty clear from the sheet without much discussion needed. With such a varied environment, you will get more opportunities with the children using the whole space than confining them to a particular area.

With our Objective Led Planning - an adult is given responsibility of 1 sheet per day and then will mark off who has done what, so it is pretty clear from the sheet without much discussion needed. With such a varied environment, you will get more opportunities with the children using the whole space than confining them to a particular area.

could you give me a bit more information /copy of this please?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry, I meant track learning rather than just who has been where.

We are at a cross roads and really like the CI opportunities FF is offering the children, but it is the tracking of who has learnt what that is proving diffiuclt.

Examples of planning sheets to which you have referred would be great if you could put some links on? Thanks again

Hi,

Please find attached my Objective Led Planning - please be aware this is for a Nursery class, so the objectives may not be those to use in Reception!

We have 3 adults - 2 adults are responsible for 1 of the OLPs each - we change adults each day to provide variety for the children/some children prefer working with a particular adult. The other adult focuses on the focus children (3 per week). All adults are mindful of each other's job so can add to sheets if they happen to stumble across an ideal opportunity!

Green Hippo x

Focus Planning week 2 blank.doc

Edited by green hippo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)