Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

I had my response, just one not able to put on there records as she is not an active director in companies house, there has been an error at companies house where they have given her an end date doh! Easily sorted though .

Three of my directors one being registered person all have CRB's well one has police check no questions have come back from that.

I'm hoping when I can be bothered to re send it that it doesn't bounce back again as each time it does it goes to bottom of pile !

Three of my directors one being registered person all have CRB's well one has police check no questions have come back from that.

And yet I recieved the response below

A CRB will not meet our requirements as it will not be registered to the DBS update service – therefore 'X' will also need to obtain a new DBS certificate first.

I have been reading that some are coming back as people who have been nominated person for many years are being told they can't be as not on the committee list ?

'Unfortunately the form you have provided is incomplete; therefore we are unable to accept it.

As from the 1st January 2016, the Nominated Individual must be part of the organisation’s governing body. For example, if the organisation is a company then the Nominated Individual is required to be one of the directors, likewise if it was a committee the Nominated Individual is required to be a committee member.
As you are not part of the organisation's governing body you are unable to hold the role of Nominated Individual. Please can this be discussed with the organisation and a suitable Nominated Individual be chosen.'

Thumperrabbit - dbs completed as committee are not acceptable for staff, we had to re-do one within 6 months as it couldn't be counted when a CM became staff...just a joke all of it, and do staff who join committee need to do ey2 forms ?

i still haven't re-submitted with rest of committee details, maybe when i do I'll the the reply above :wacko:

Edited by Mouseketeer

I did an ey2 from years ago when ofsted did staff crbs, but staff haven't done ey2 since it became DBS .....or is it just mine that haven't lol I did phone to give them a new staff name once and they said they don't need to know that as it's the settings responsibility to check staff now :-/

• Like 1

My response says that YES a staff member who is also committee MUST have DBS, EY2 and UPDATE service; it is not good enough to have had a CRB clearance

I am presuming that the same staff member can still work on a 8 year old CRB if they've not broken their service?

Mousekeeter - why wasn't the DBS for a childminder good enough for you? had she signed up for the update service?

I'm wondering if Ofsted are making some £'s each time a committee DBS is completed?? ;) It's all becoming a joke with nobody really understanding the system

It was a committee member thumperrabbit that a few months after doing hers became staff and couldn't use the same one...which seems crazy as they have to jump through more hoops than staff to get them completed in the first place.

I don't get it - this system is making me feeling really dim :wacko:

If she had a DBS and was signed up to the update service then why do you need another one to become staff? I thought the update service is what made them transferable?!

• Like 1

I don't get it - this system is making me feeling really dim :wacko:

If she had a DBS and was signed up to the update service then why do you need another one to become staff? I thought the update service is what made them transferable?!

Me too thumper :blink: I thought that was the whole point of the update service......

I have been watching all of this with interest but couldn't really comment as I don't have any experience of committee led groups - does seem that this was what this whole exercise was about........

• Like 1

It was a committee member thumperrabbit that a few months after doing hers became staff and couldn't use the same one...which seems crazy as they have to jump through more hoops than staff to get them completed in the first place.

Oh, I used to be a committee member and then became staff, I checked with Ofsted at the time (albeit a few years ago) and they said it was fine to stay on the same check providing my access to children hadn't increased (which it hadn't as employed as administrator).

You wouldn't be able to use the update service DBS if you registered for a voluntary role and the staff role is paid.

I have emailed ofsted today as one of our committee seems to have slipped off their list for us. I also enquired re the new rules on how to transfer over the nominated person role as I am the manager and not on committee. I await their reply.

I have emailed ofsted today as one of our committee seems to have slipped off their list for us. I also enquired re the new rules on how to transfer over the nominated person role as I am the manager and not on committee. I await their reply.

I'm imagining a lot of **@@*** words when you give us the answer ::1a :( :unsure: :ph34r:

I was Committee then jumped to Manager (!) and Nominated person and have been for about 8 years, I still run on an old style CRB and they've not queried me at all! My only thoughts are my CRB was good enough when I did my SPI (in the days when Ofsted did them) and that has carried me over OK to be nominated person?

Ugh I've just had an email saying we need to re-register... nothing has changed.. we have always been a limited company since we registered in 2013! I've emailed back saying I think it's my error as the form wasn't overly clear and fingers crossed they say we can stay as we are.. otherwise I know we'll be having an ofsted in 6 months!

Ugh I've just had an email saying we need to re-register... nothing has changed.. we have always been a limited company since we registered in 2013! I've emailed back saying I think it's my error as the form wasn't overly clear and fingers crossed they say we can stay as we are.. otherwise I know we'll be having an ofsted in 6 months!

:o Crikey Laura - hope that you can get them to 'see sense' - if nothing has changed why on earth would you need to 're-register'

• Like 1

ABSOLUTELY!

I do feel there is something behind this whole questionnaire thing - more committee led settings will close allowing schools to expand?

But do the schools even have space to do so.......certainly not here - well fingers crossed anyway! ::1a

But do the schools even have space to do so.......certainly not here - well fingers crossed anyway! ::1a

Well I thought that when they started to do 3/4yr olds Sunnyday and now they take the day they are 3 - so where did that room come from? and now some schools are taking 2yr olds in our area - not sure where they are putting them but they are taking them from us!

Well I thought that when they started to do 3/4yr olds Sunnyday and now they take the day they are 3 - so where did that room come from? and now some schools are taking 2yr olds in our area - not sure where they are putting them but they are taking them from us!

Fair point

• Like 1