Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

You are quite right....they know all of this info. Unless they've had an issue with their computers why are they asking us??????

Absolutely - that is one of the reasons that I thought the email might not have been genuine when I received it......

I have had to ring Ofsted today (completely unrelated matter) and notice that they have added queries re this to their options 'menu'........

S'pose I need to request that they send me another one as i 'accidentally' deleted the first :ph34r:

• Like 1

My replacement form has arrived :blink: so not at all sure that I can see any value in adding staff to this - I am the owner/manager of my setting and obviously as such I am the registered person.......

Wondering what others have decided - am I missing some benefit here?

My replacement form has arrived :blink: so not at all sure that I can see any value in adding staff to this - I am the owner/manager of my setting and obviously as such I am the registered person.......

Wondering what others have decided - am I missing some benefit here?

I have decided to do nothing, all my log ins that will be needed to run the group are in my 'if I die hand this to the chairperson at the time and ONLY the Chairperson' along with the key to the filing cabinet where all confidential information is locked :-D

• Like 2

I've had a letter as Ofsted say they don't have an email address for our setting - funny that they managed to send our inspection report out by email then! Interestingly, they only want replies via email, so I have emailed and asked them to send me an on-line version.

The automatic response to my email request says "If you have sent a query regarding the registration details form, we will endeavour to respond to your query as soon as possible. We understand that any delay to us responding to your query may result in a delay to us receiving your completed form."

So much for the 2 week response time!

• Like 2

I've had a letter as Ofsted say they don't have an email address for our setting - funny that they managed to send our inspection report out by email then! Interestingly, they only want replies via email, so I have emailed and asked them to send me an on-line version.

The automatic response to my email request says "If you have sent a query regarding the registration details form, we will endeavour to respond to your query as soon as possible. We understand that any delay to us responding to your query may result in a delay to us receiving your completed form."[/size]

So much for the 2 week response time!

Oh dear Ofsted, yet another grading of: Requires Improvement, eh?

• Like 1

I have not had an email but just had a letter this morning.

Took one look at it and have put it back in the envelope for now!

Hahaha! I did EXACTLY the same! And now it sits in my in-tray mocking me!

• Like 3

I had to speak to Ofsted this week about another matter and asked why I had not received email or letter. They said as I am not a group provider it didn't apply to me. That said, they also led me round and round in circles about the matter I was initially querying, so I'm not sure that I trust anything they say!! Took 4 calls to 4 different ofsted persons before I managed to sort the issue myself.

I'm glad I have seen this thread as it has saved a phone call to OFSTED. I opened the email but have not replied as I didn't think it was genuine. I'm very suspicious of randon emails purporting to be from organisations and would not have completed it without checking it's authenticity. I haven't a clue how it relates to the finance legislation mentioned - I haven't had requests from other organisations for information!

• Like 3