Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

I got this email yesterday as well.

I never questioned it because there are so many things that change all the time!

:D Think I must have a 'suspicious nature' - it just didn't 'look right' to me - perhaps that was because I didn't want it to be right! :ph34r:

• Like 2

My husband looked at the source stuff and says it definitely comes from Ofsted's servers and if you open an attachment and there is a proper document there, then it is a real thing not a con.

So I think it is genuine.

Brilliant - thank you! :1b

• Like 1

With so many Phishing emails and things being included in attachments I am very wary about opening anything without a confirmation or knowledge that it is genuine.

Using an email you have been given and told that no replies except from that one always makes me more wary, no idea where it could end up. email is far from secure..

I don't know what it asks for but if Ofsted really are doing things this way then I would be asking for confirmation before doing anything .If everyone did this they may realise that it is not a suitable way to get information from settings . They will contact again, and you can always claim never getting the first one for no reply, after all it could end up in a junk folder, never delivered and lost..

Edited by Inge
  • Like 1

I have just phoned Ofsted and been told that its not genuine and if I am not comfortable opening it ignore. I have just asked them to record my enquiry on their system.

Crikey :o really hope that I haven't done any 'damage' by opening the attachments :blink:

Must admit that I meant to either phone or forward the email to them today - but ended up doing neither - my plan now is to just ignore........

I have had an emailed answer from Ofsted saying that the email is real and must be filled in and returned.

I do think that, when we have to go through hoops to speak to them, it would be nice if they had some better way of identifying themselves to us. After all we are the ones who are actually being asked to hand over confidential information.

I have had an emailed answer from Ofsted saying that the email is real and must be filled in and returned.

I do think that, when we have to go through hoops to speak to them, it would be nice if they had some better way of identifying themselves to us. After all we are the ones who are actually being asked to hand over confidential information.

:o Oh dear - well I deleted mine - they will just have to ask again then! :rolleyes:

Well are they being selective?? I have had no email. Have I missed some special service I should sign up for? And if it is confidential information being sent via e mail, is it going to be secure?

Well are they being selective?? I have had no email. Have I missed some special service I should sign up for? And if it is confidential information being sent via e mail, is it going to be secure?

Count yourself lucky my little black and white furry friend :D

• Like 1