Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Computers/ICT

JohnSB

You can also buy a mouse with just one button for those who are beginning. This saves a lot of time sorting out those just click randomly and end up right clicking instead of left and are not sure how to get back to their program. If anyone is interested I'll find out where we got them from on Weds and post it then

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

hi Alison

I was in a school the other day and saw a great programmable toy made by Tomy. Its called Dream Street truck. I was really excited as this is the first progammable 'toy' that I've come across that's not a Pixie or Romer. Sadly when i contacted Tomy they told me that it has been discontinued xD However, i found one on good old ebay horah! :D . It literally arrived today so I'm looking forward to taking into school tomorrow and playing with it (the children will have to wait their turn :o

ebay's a great place so you might find soemthing similar

Liza

• 12 years later...

Some good sense at last from the American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) - they are no longer suggesting ICT is bad for young children. They now accept that a balanced approach should be recommended. As Joanne Orlando suggests, they now advise, as we have been doing for a very long time that we should:

- Make sure children have a balanced approach to technology. Technology use should not replace physical activity, sleep or spending time with others.

- We should take an active role in children’s screen engagement. This does not mean not allowing your child to do anything independently on their device, but rather to be interested in what they do and provide hands on guidance.

- Take a planned approach to managing the time children spend on a screen. Not leaving it to chance every day.

(See: http://joanneorlando.com.au/no-limits-can-the-new-guidelin…/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)