Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding

Fredbear

However - a glimmer of light on the horizon - the PVI sector provides most of the funded places - perhaps the time has come to get militant!!!

Maybe we should band together and rather like other industries globally pull the service on certain days on a regular basis until the powers that be get the message!!

I would be 'up for that' - sadly it would be impossible to get every provider involved - I was stunned by the crazy low number of settings who actually bothered to respond to the 'call for evidence' earlier in the year :(

Oh and of course Ms Morgan is convinced that we are 'willing participants' in this madness......we do need to make a BIG NOISE about this - just not sure how.......

Oh and of course Ms Morgan is convinced that we are 'willing participants' in this madness......we do need to make a BIG NOISE about this - just not sure how.......

How about a rally - we could take the kids for a 'day out in London' and just happen to end up outside No.10 when they're all hungry and need a wee!!! : )

Seriously though, I agree we do need to have our voices heard - if not then we're well and truly stuffed!!

Surely this is the job of our support organisations though ....where is the support from the PSLA/NDNA etc etc......what ARE we paying THEM for?????? Why are they not shouting out loudly against this underfunding...they should be our lifeline with the government....they need to get off their bottoms ... :angry:

I agree that the response from our "representative" organisations has been sadly toothless.

As for voting for which day - can I nominate all those days where we have children who will be leaving us for school in July 2016 in who are still not even remotely toilet trained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that when the powers that be talk about ratios they draw on their expertise in respect of child development and think that we are dealing with "perfect" children who are all meeting their developmental milestones and don't require any extra help in anyway or that when "accidents" of any kind happen they happen singly and at convenient intervals so that we can manage them quite easily with the minimum amount of staff, that the doorbell and or telephone never ring (usually at the same time as some kind of "accident"), that we never need to show prospective clients around, that our staff are always at the top of their game and have no problems of their own that might need some kind of HR input etc, etc., etc ..................... (having a good week so far in case you hadn't guessed)

• Like 2

Surely this is the job of our support organisations though ....where is the support from the PSLA/NDNA etc etc......what ARE we paying THEM for?????? Why are they not shouting out loudly against this underfunding...they should be our lifeline with the government....they need to get off their bottoms ... :angry:

Been in this game for a long time Finleysmaid, they never have before, I doubt they will this time either. Maybe it has something to do with what these organisations get from Government which makes them on rock the boat for it.

Sunnyday will remember a huge meeting with powers that be one night in Kent a few years ago - got 'em on the run that night didn't we Sunnyday!

• Like 2

I was stunned by the crazy low number of settings who actually bothered to respond to the 'call for evidence' earlier in the year :(

What got me was the fact that people like me responded, then was asked to do a second one but when the actual report came out, no-one from my LA was included at all! they completely dis-regarded everything we said even though we are one of the most deprived areas in the country with some of the highest numbers of things like drink, drugs and domestic abuse, etc etc etc why bother asking me for more details, making it look like they were paying attention and then ignore everything!! makes me cross :angry:

they haven't got a clue what it takes to run a nursery or what we have to deal with every day!

oh and if we boycott the days where a child is not potty trained... i can only work on a Tuesday!!

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)