Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning for 1-2 year olds

currycraver

Hi ~Everyone,

I am studying for my EYITT. I have just started my first placement in a different setting to my own and am working in the baby room- (children aged 1-2). I would like to plan an activity based either on messy play or heuristic play and wondered how other people have found this sort or activity. Are there any ideas or resources which you have found work well. I am used to working with much older children so any ideas or advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Our babies love messy play. We've used a few different things, custard works well, we put in on a tray and just let them feel their way, they love to pat it and smear it everywhere, (usually over themselves!) Also have used jelly and spaghetti. Usually have a big plastic spoon for them to use as well if they want to. At least with these items, it doesn't matter if they eat it.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)