Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

uw

I find I have most difficulty with the similarities and differences aspect of people and communities - not so much getting children to notice them but more about assessing which level their understanding fits most clearly within. Also it tends to be quite contrived where as I prefer the majority of my assessments to be based on their spontaneous child initiated play. I find that with the other aspects of UW there are countless opportunities for me to gather observations from CI play but my children rarely comment on similarities and difference without a lot of prompting and adult input, they just seem to get along and accept differences between people as just part of the world that's not as interesting as the ants that live under the tree stump or how quickly the cars can whizz down the ramp!

Mel

X

I'm in a school nursery by the way.

Yes, I agree. People and Communities is definitely the area we end up going to 'find' and one that we do most focused activities on. It's tricky to assess before 40-60 months and then there's not a lot to go on at 40-60 months is there? I mean, what does that statement actually mean? It's such an odd one!

Green Hippo x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)