Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview- Nursery

Hi I have an interview for a nursery soon and have been asked to

'bring examples of Learning Journals and Summative assessments from the EYFS in your school and discuss your philosophy and approach to assessment.'

I have my learning journeys and assessments and thought i would talk about observing children mainly during play inc COEL and regularly adressing gaps in learning. Any other ideas :/ x

Don't forget assessment is not just about observing, ie standing back. How do you assess in the middle of an activity? How do you adjust an activity on the basis of what you hear children saying or doing? How do you use good questionning techniques to assess prior knowledge and current learning? Do you have different observational techniques you use for different situations such as narrative when looking at EAL children for example? how do you asses the smaller steps an SEND child might make if they don't make a whole "step" of progress?

Lots more to consider!!

Cx

• Like 1

Absolutely I would include my views and philosophy on getting an holistic view from all people who know the child eg parents, other professionals and how you might involve other colleagues in the class.

Good luck with your interview.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)