Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

3/4 year old funding mini survey

BroadOaks

Nottingham City

£4.05 (Surprised at the differences - OMG West Midlands - How low can you go?

30 Hours? - Yes - We will benefit as most the working parents already have their children in for 30 or more hours already and they pay the balance and we only charge 3.20 per hour. The few parents who are only working part time but will want to take the full 30 hours will just leave their children in longer and we will claim the extra for them.

• Like 1

Calderdale, West Yorkshire

£3.78 for three and four year olds (£4.67 for two year olds) plus 23p if you have an EYP/EYT

We are full daycare so have lots of children already doing more than 15 hours, so we would have to do it if it came in, though we'd be losing at least 30p per hour

• Like 1

1. Leeds (West Yorks)

2. Funding is £3.70, our non funded hourly rate is £4.10

3. Probably not - many parents use their funded 15 hours as well as paying privately, so we lose 40p per hour per funded child. If they received 30 free hours they would no longer pay privately so our loss would be more. Would be impossible to make up the shortfall. Especially when the wages rise so much next year.

The only advantage would be that the money was guaranteed so would not have to be chasing up tax credits from parents constantly and having parents leave with outstanding debt - It baffles me why they do not pay this directly to the provider. I cannot think of one reason why they would not! They must lose so much money from people not using it for what it is meant for or making fraudulent claims - last week I got a call asking if a child still attends who left 18 month ago and the parent was still claiming!! Maybe the money they would save could help boost the funded rate to make 30 hours free childcare sustainable for providers.

• Like 1

Thank you for the updates.. i will add more figures to the map soon. So still overall the shortfall is looking like approx on average 50p or so per hour.. and that many settings would actually lose money if they where to provide 30 hours funding to some children.

It isn't looking good so far for the settings that don't have a problem in applications for places. Some settings do have a shortfall however and will welcome the extra hours to make up a little extra income even though it is lower than expected income.

This would therefor mean that many settings would need to employ staff on the lowest rates of pay to make it profitable and actually not what the government intends. The idea of this funding originally was to increase the staffing quality and allow settings to pay staff more money, when in fact the opposite might happen!

Looks like we will have to wait and see how things go regarding the funding rates!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update - and seems to be good news and maybe somebody can add to this but we should find out more information regarding the funding rates around the 23rd November and they are looking to increase the rate for the additional 15 hours for those eligible at least?

They are evaluating the current average rate and along with the received feedback from 300 nurseries making a decision, or at least leaving it up to our Chancellor to decide! Not sure how you feel abut this but the thought makes me very nervous!

Ohh and the average rate is £3.80 which is roughly in-line with feedback on this forum :rolleyes: hmmmmm the power of this forum hey!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)