Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self service playdough advice

Hi

Really interested in hearing people's experience of this, is it as fab as it sounds or is a just chaos!

I really want to try the self service playdough that Alistair talks about on his ABC blog. I have got a dispenser and I know how to do it in theory but I'm struggling with how you organise it so I'm not wasting loads of flour and salt as I buy it myself. Any Advice on how to manage it would be great thanks xx

Hi, I did try this last term. It did need explaining fully before hand and a bit of supervising (last year's cohort were quite a handful). The children did enjoy being able to mix the play dough and added glitter and colouring as well. Good luck x

Hi

Really interested in hearing people's experience of this, is it as fab as it sounds or is a just chaos!

I really want to try the self service playdough that Alistair talks about on his ABC blog. I have got a dispenser and I know how to do it in theory but I'm struggling with how you organise it so I'm not wasting loads of flour and salt as I buy it myself. Any Advice on how to manage it would be great thanks xx

this is something i have wanted to do - where did you get your dispenser?

Yep got it from eBay for £15 too! Broadlea can I ask you a couple of questions, did you limit who could use it? like a group a day or did you keep it a free for all. Think I will introduce it to small groups at a time but I'm worried if all are able to use it, it might end up a big mess. I really wNt it up be independent and i would love to see kids using it independently but just not sure. Thanks x

Without any doubt...the messiest thing I've ever done...children loved it and got such a lot out of it. They ask for it frequently when it's not out...I have learned to say "it's not working today" without even blushing as I fib!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)