Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Frequency of Inspections

thumperrabbit

I've noticed a few settings have been inspected within 14-20months of their previous visit where at that time they got 'good' and are now getting RI

There's nothing in the reports saying that it's because of complaint either

Just wondering if the previous 'roughly every 3 years' has been changed? :unsure:

like you thumperrabbit, I've even seen 'outstanding' setting's RI with in 2 yrs yet there are no complaints listed to generate one, and others who were 'satisfactory' under old framework not being done for 4/5 years and then they are either 'I' or 'RI' so they got away with being rubbish for all that time ...it doesn't make any sense.

I always get nuisance calls over the lunch time for some reason so will be stressing every time the phone goes now :(

• Like 1

I think I almost held the record for longest inspection gap - 6.25 years Nov 2008 to May 2015!!!!! Thankfully we had a good in 08 and a good again in 2015. At least now we will get some notice rather than waiting so very long for the knock although I don't fancy them the thought of them coming quite so frequently.

In our LA we had many settings close to or over the 5 years then we had quite a blitz over the past 6 months. The only ones still waiting, around the 6 year mark are term time only so I'm sure they will be expectant this coming term.

In our LA we had many settings close to or over the 5 years then we had quite a blitz over the past 6 months. The only ones still waiting, around the 6 year mark are term time only so I'm sure they will be expectant this coming term.

Oh no! You could be describing my setting. Over 6 yrs..... Yikes!

• Like 1

I'm assuming we're all fair game now the new cycle is starting (unless you have literally JUST been inspected in the last few months), so I'm trying to be prepared - last done in July 2014.

And the half day notice is no good to me as we're morning sessions only, so there's bugger all I can do when the call comes in the afternoon and I'm not at the setting...

When my last setting got inspected while I was there, I took the phonecall from head office telling us that Ofsted were on their way. They had to ring HO to ask where we were because they got lost! xD

Ha ha! See no-one wants to go there! I would love to have been a fly on the wall when you got that call! : )

Btw whats all this 'cycle' talk? As I have my head in the sand with regard most Ofsted speak - didnt know of a cycle? :/

Edited by Rafa

Found this Rafa, they re-started the 'cycle' following the 2012 framework and threw us all back in the pot, I have a setting near me that was 'satisfactory' under pre-2012 cycle and still haven't been re-inspected.

'Ofsted criticised for delay in nursery inspections

This is despite Ofsted requirements which state that all early years providers must be inspected at least once within 47 months.

According to the Sky News investigation, of those providers who were waiting for an inspection, 342 have never been inspected by Ofsted, while 3,655 were judged to be “satisfactory” – now reclassified as “requiring improvement” – at their last inspection.

The information also shows that 611 registered providers have been waiting for six years or more, while 7,280 have not been inspected for at least five years.

The delays are the result of Ofsted quietly resetting the clock on inspections on September 1, 2012.

In a statement Ofsted said all early years providers "must be inspected at least once within 47 months. The current cycle began on 1st September 2012 and will end on 31 July 2016."

• Like 2

No.........! I was inspected 2013 and 2014...... A break please!

That's what my original statement / question was about really - this seems to be happening more frequently where people are only going 14-20 months between inspections - perhaps they've employed some more inspectors!! :blink: