Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

JUST received EYPP

I've just had an email from the funding person at the LA telling me that my EYPP is due to go into our account in the next 5 days, and that she will be emailing securely the details of who and how much received....

The only children I had applied for have now left the setting.... Going to have a job showing how I spent it on the children it was meant for, aren't I?

*Slow hand clap* ...well done the LA! :rolleyes:

That's what I will be doing. Had confirmation and money for one child at end of last term, but we were originally told we wouldn't get confirmation or any our EYPP payments til 10 Sept. How can we plan anything? It's ridiculous!!!

Just a thought, does anyone know what happens if a child you are receiving EYPP for leaves your setting say mid-term, not to go to primary school, but another setting? Do we keep the money I wonder or pass it on?

Edited by Panders

Just a thought, does anyone know what happens if a child you are receiving EYPP for leaves your setting say mid-term, not to go to primary school, but another setting? Do we keep the money I wonder or pass it on?

We were told it HAD to be passed on, unlike the funding which is up to us to decide whether or not to pass on.

How can it be passed on if spent? It may have been spent on something like training or a permanent fixture that couldnt be passed on. I think I would be arguing very firmly against that.

:blink: But then it probably wouldn't have been 'spent' because it probably wouldn't have even been 'received' :ph34r:

• Like 1

I think the money comes termly anyway, so if a child leaves you, mid term, and you have spent that 'term's money, there's nothing you can do, but the following term will then go to the new setting.

I do think a lot of these issues will be ironed out once we get into a full year cycle, it wasn't a great time of year to start really was it?

• Like 1

we were told by our lea that ofsted would not take in to account the eypp pupils last term...so im taking that as fact!!!!!!!

Well I went on the CIF training and they were full on about EYPP being a key new theme of the inspections! Not sure that LEAs get to be the mouthpiece for HMCI... :ph34r:

CX

As Mundia said, EYPP started in April, but identification of children is an ongoing thing. It's completely usual for payments of moneys to be a term behind because of the LA payment systems that exist in tandem with the DfE, headcount dates and other fixed finacial events.

It's fairly standard and schools have been doing this for a while now - they have to statutorily publish their use of PP on their websites and this is based on a yearly report. It all evens out over time.

Cx

we received our eypp payment about three weeks before the end of term -mostly for children going onto school so used it to buy books about moving onto school etc.,

we do have two children who will be staying on with us who received it but when i went on an information afternoon they said that all children will be re-assessed at the beginning of autumn term so they might not get it even if they got it last term so will have to wait and see.

we were told by our lea that ofsted will ask us to identify those eligible for it and will ask how we supporting those children with the extra money -all 53p per hour of it!!

Surely we don't have to ask all the parents to complete the EYPP checker form each term as well as the parent dec form ? I was just planning on giving one to the new intake ...my county doesn't re-assess 2 yr funding, once allocated it stays so figured EYPP would be the same .....something else to check out unless anyone in Dorset knows the answer ?

Well I went on the CIF training and they were full on about EYPP being a key new theme of the inspections! Not sure that LEAs get to be the mouthpiece for HMCI... :ph34r:

CX

I think maybe I didn't explain myself well! I am by no means suggesting that as of September this will not be a key theme! (I would be very surprised if it wasn't) but the lea ...who had also been to the briefings suggested to us that the children we had last term would not necessarily be looked in to ....although if they are staying on then of course they would IYSWIM!

As to financing this it may well be that schools are used to this sort of buy now pay later scheme but we're not! Schools also have to put away a certain percentage of their budgets and get paid more per child. I'm not sure that any of us object necessarily to this method of payment if we were warned that this was going to happen...it's the randomness of the scheme that annoys me. I'm sure our time (and money) could be used much more effectively ! Rather than EYPP how about a payment for those children with sen or those on social services for instance...the meetings for which seem to be endless and have to come out of the pre-school coffers so disadvantaging all of the children in the setting :(

• Like 4

Our parent claim form for 3/4 year funding from LA has been amended to include EYPP so parents will complete each term. I suppose we will update details through funding portal each term?

I did think more of the children would be entitled as most had been entitled to the 2 year funding, but not so! So I will be using last terms money for current term in future. I do understand that eligibility is different for 2 year and EYPP funding.

Edited by lsp

I think maybe I didn't explain myself well! I am by no means suggesting that as of September this will not be a key theme! (I would be very surprised if it wasn't) but the lea ...who had also been to the briefings suggested to us that the children we had last term would not necessarily be looked in to ....although if they are staying on then of course they would IYSWIM!

As to financing this it may well be that schools are used to this sort of buy now pay later scheme but we're not! Schools also have to put away a certain percentage of their budgets and get paid more per child. I'm not sure that any of us object necessarily to this method of payment if we were warned that this was going to happen...it's the randomness of the scheme that annoys me. I'm sure our time (and money) could be used much more effectively ! Rather than EYPP how about a payment for those children with sen or those on social services for instance...the meetings for which seem to be endless and have to come out of the pre-school coffers so disadvantaging all of the children in the setting :(

Yes! I have two children diagnosed with SEN and we get absolutely NO financial support for these at the moment, whereas the two children I am assuming have received the EYPP weren't any worse off financially or educationally at all compared to most of their peers and I really can't see how an extra £6.10 a week will make the slightest bit of difference!

We received ours just before the summer break, I will use the money every time in a way that not only benefits the EYPP children but that also encompasses others, out of all my EYPP children I have one who has identified needs the others are all at ARE so decided that we would buy a touchscreen computer for use by all but for reasons that support the EYPP children and then looking further into next term I am looking at paying a musician to attend every few weeks which again will involve al but is based on the needs of the selectees childrenl. I have a good number who are below ARE and are not EYPP so I'm trying to support all yet not if you get me lol x

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)