Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-School Management Software

Hi.

I am the Owner/Manager at a relatively new setting which opened January. I am looking for some sort of software to help with books, invoicing etc. Is there anything which is reasonably cheap and good that people can recommend? We are a sessional pre-school with around 20 children per session and 5 staff so nothing too complicated required.

Kent used to have a Superfox software system which was free, but am not sure whether this is still available...

Thanks peeps

I am using Manager software. It is absolutely free and really easy to use. It uses double entry system, but I am sure it is easy to understand even for a beginner. The admin team is very supportive and always happy to help.

manager.io

You can even do your payrolls there (however I am using BrightPay), inventory, manage customers, apply discounts, etc.

My parents said that since we started using their invoicing system, the invoices became very easy to understand. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We use Abacus which is made by Parenta http://www.parenta.com/abacus-nursery-management-software/. This costs us about £25 per month.

They also do a cheaper version called 'Regista' which may be suitable if mainly being used for invoicing.

I thought there was an upfront cost of 1600 or so for Abacus. It has put us off from getting it and veering more towards kindersoft.

Hi seashells, what has been your experience like with Kindersoft? Would you yay or nay on it.

Ooooo I think Yay! Few issues but nothing major does what I need for £30 per month. I've been using it since September so only just done my second round of invoicing. E-mail questions are answered quickly, did an over the phone chat with him and he took remote control of my pc to help me set up where I had hit brick walls as our sessions where difficult to input with us being pack away the days/times vary a lot.

Set up was not too bad at all once I got used to it, I don't use the register print outs as I don't like the format and would use masses amount of paper, I'm yet to fully embarke on entering our waiting list.

As for invoicing it took me all of 30 mins other day to generate and print 70 invoices, I scanned through and checked accounts where I felt it looked weird or if I'd entered payed instead of funded, but this was all done in 30 mins whoop!!! Massive time savings there.

Parents like the invoice template too. The tracking of paperwork for monies recieved is thankfully a thing of the past as i enter it all onto system takes seconds per entry to do.

Birthday list for coming month is good as keeps me up on wishing kids happy birthday lol.

One downside is that they should have launched a remote register for use on mobile devices which I was looking forward to in my ever fighting battle to go as paperless as possible but there has been a delay in its launch, I don't use all the services it provides but for me it's great.

I did not go with option of paying extra to have data backed up on a remote system, I do it myself onto usb sticks (I use two just in cases lol) which I back up weekly.

For price I certainly am not complaining, and after instant nursery managers hard sell (made me really uncomfortable) and high prices I'm glad I choose this guy!

Ooooo I think Yay! Few issues but nothing major does what I need for £30 per month. I've been using it since September so only just done my second round of invoicing. E-mail questions are answered quickly, did an over the phone chat with him and he took remote control of my pc to help me set up where I had hit brick walls as our sessions where difficult to input with us being pack away the days/times vary a lot.

Set up was not too bad at all once I got used to it, I don't use the register print outs as I don't like the format and would use masses amount of paper, I'm yet to fully embarke on entering our waiting list.

As for invoicing it took me all of 30 mins other day to generate and print 70 invoices, I scanned through and checked accounts where I felt it looked weird or if I'd entered payed instead of funded, but this was all done in 30 mins whoop!!! Massive time savings there.

Parents like the invoice template too. The tracking of paperwork for monies recieved is thankfully a thing of the past as i enter it all onto system takes seconds per entry to do.

Birthday list for coming month is good as keeps me up on wishing kids happy birthday lol.

One downside is that they should have launched a remote register for use on mobile devices which I was looking forward to in my ever fighting battle to go as paperless as possible but there has been a delay in its launch, I don't use all the services it provides but for me it's great.

I did not go with option of paying extra to have data backed up on a remote system, I do it myself onto usb sticks (I use two just in cases lol) which I back up weekly.

For price I certainly am not complaining, and after instant nursery managers hard sell (made me really uncomfortable) and high prices I'm glad I choose this guy!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are definitely going to go for it as the invoicing is something that takes a lot of time. We are still living in the ages of paper receipts. It works but just too time consuming. Have you used the parent portal by any chance? Is it any useful? I agree with you about instant nursery management, the guy was so rude when asked about whether he can demo it again to the deputy manager. He just said take it or leave it. Anyway, our experience with the guy at Kindersoft was very pleasant as well. Kindersoft it is then !! thanks

I used Abacus for 2 years but changed to Kinderaoft last September and I love it. Such a time saver and everything is much easier to access

My one problem with Abacus was not being able to do sibling invoices. We have a lot of families with more than one child and having to do the invoices separate confused the parents

I wish Kindersoft did an app though - with basic info like registers on. Sometimes I think of things at the weekend and can't check because I have to be on the computer at work

Still love it though and well worth the money!

• 3 weeks later...