Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who and When- planning- sorry!

I know planning has been done to death, but I'm not as interested in what/ how you do your planning (I'm always interested but that's not my focus!) but more when and who?

Primarily how does this get in a PVI setting? How does it capture everything, who takes responsibility for it, and when in their schedule do they get to complete it? In my ideal world they whole team would get 30 mins to sit and plan together, however in a day that spans 8.00-6.00 with girls on shifts this is practically impossible.

We're having a radical overhaul from September and have done so many different things that I'm starting to not see the wood from the trees! If you do want to include examples of how you actually do your planning and your process I will greatly accept them :D

We are a full daycare setting, open 8 - 6 with three rooms. Everyone stays until 6 on a Thursday and from 3.30 when our numbers begin to drop, the rooms take it in turns to plan, with the other two rooms looking after the children. It works for us. Once a month on a Thursday, we all then stay on for a team meeting.

Me, Friday afternoons - not ideal, but I'm working on it !!! I would ideally like weekly team meetings, so we can all have direct input which I did have the luxury of in a previous setting I managed, but not sure it will happen here! At the moment, just having to go by what has been recorded during the week and talking to colleagues!

Thanks for your replies, stargrower thats a good idea, I think I might be able to do something around a plan like that! When we first started I did the planning but we were very small, now we are effectively 3 teams and I have little hands on contact so don't really want to be planning. At the moment they 'plan as they go' but it is always the same team members making the ob and planning from it. I really want them to sit down as a team. I now have to see if I can find 'quieter' periods of the day where this could work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)