Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress

I am starting to slowly go a bit crazy so please help me with a little bit of clarification

chd should enter Rec at 40/60 emerging and 30-50 secure is slightly behind (for typical)

chd then leaving at ELG have made typical but not good progress? so for good/rapid progress if the come in typical (40/60 emerging) they must then exceed?

am I on the right lines?

thanks xx

Don't know about the child - should be 40-60 emerging on entry to reception - Some of ours certainly are BUT know for a fact that Reception teachers baseline is lower, so SHE can show Good Progress!

Welcome by the way! Expect you'll get a more appropriate response from others! : )

• Like 2

I am starting to slowly go a bit crazy so please help me with a little bit of clarification

chd should enter Rec at 40/60 emerging and 30-50 secure is slightly behind (for typical)

chd then leaving at ELG have made typical but not good progress? so for good/rapid progress if the come in typical (40/60 emerging) they must then exceed?

am I on the right lines?

thanks xx

That's how I would work with my schools.

Cx

Interesting, we had training in our area a couple of years ago regarding transition to reception called 'moderation, what does 30-50m look like', this was telling us children should be 30-50m and only gifted/talented children would be reaching 40-60m on reception entry, I didn't agree but do agree with Rafa that they are taken back to show more progress at end of reception :(

Maybe we just have high expectations?!! B)

However, if children are going to get to the ELGS by the end of reception then if they are not emerging into the 40 - 60 skill set they do need to be targetted. I would see a late summer born child as maybe appropriately in 30 - 50 as they may only be 48/49 months old on entry but your Autumn term and Spring entrants can be closer to 60 months.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)