Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bristol Standard - ideas for evidence

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding evidence which could be used against

Dimension 7 - Staffing, leadership and management?

Sorry I haven't a clue - but whenever I see the words 'Bristol standards' I think of bodily functions and those standards! xDxDxD

(although I must be honest I think they are actually called something very similar- but I always read it a Bristol standards)

Do you have a guidance book that gives examples.or a mentor to contact.. I used to mentor a few settings.. I have just thrown out all my validators stuff with the info on it.. been a few years since I did any and it has changed a bit since then..

If you have a bit more detail it may trigger a few memories of what you need.. think we used things like training certificates, and courses, policies, working in partnership with other bodies , meeting minutes... even harder is linking the benefit to the child to these.. make sure you show how the child will benefit not the staff or setting.. that is how so many failed when I was validating them.

Hi Devon maid, as Inge says, the guidance folder should give you ideas about what you might like to think about..It would depend on whether this is a full or interim submission. I am guessing it's a full submission?

absolutely agree too about benefits for children, you need to be very clear about these and if you have a mentor they should help with this.

Another piece of advice for evidence if you include proformas as evidence, that you make them completed ones (anonymity where necessary).

For leadership dimension, I like to see something about supervisions, and although you don't have to, I am always surprised when I validate just how little is said about supervisions in this dimension.

• Like 1

Yes, I had the gtuidance folder at school but was working on this dimension at home - not the best way to do things!

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I included a blank supervisory meeting form that I use (didn't want to blank out names on a used one as too obvious whose is whose), a letter to staff that goes out over the summer detailing term dates, meeting dates, etc for the year, policies naming individuals e.g. who is in charge of overall behaviour management, etc and a copy extract from our handover book. Also cross referenced to dimension 1 where I used minutes from staff planning meetings and dimension 8 naming the senco in the policy.

Hope that helps?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)