Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tapestry

Hello :1b

I am just looking for some opinions on how settings find using Tapestry? At the moment my setting use paper based learning journeys and we are finding it very time consuming. From September we are looking to use Tapestry but would like some thoughts and advice from anyone willing to help.

Thank you!!

Rise & Shine

switched from paper to tapestry last September. We have had a few teething problems a lot of which are rectified by having a play around but overall it was a good move.

It saves so much time with observations and personally I think it looks more professional to parents, My parents have commented at their keyworker appointments that they think its a lovely way of including them in their child's learning as they get the obs once its uploaded to the journal.

The data side of things is the bit that has taken me time to gt used to but now I have sort of!! got the hang of it its brill, especially for tracking, and monitoring between cohorts and groups such as SEN or EAL, It also monitors key workers so that you can identify any particular member of staff not observing as much as others or in my case one was paying far to much attention to one particular child.

I wouldn't go back now .

• Like 1

No looking back for us. Very easy to use, making obis and assessment so easy. Your overview as manager will actually happen now, making planning so much easier.

Don't wait until September though when you have loads of new children. Get it now and get your staff to start using it for a child / children coming back in September.

We don't have routine parent appts now, as parents can see it all online. This save loads of time that can be spent with the children. We are small though and chat to parents at drop off / pick up.

• Like 1

Thanks everybody...great help! Sounds like the way forward!

I have noticed that some online learning journey systems have a tracker included into it, does this have the same or would I still use the same paper based tracker I currently use?

I started after Easter last year with the small intake and have upgraded when new children arrive so do agree with diesel so start small.

Yes it has analysis & snapshot to help you track.

All but one of my staff love it. But best of all the parents of and we get much better feedback & communication because of it.

So my advice - go for it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't think irregular attendance would matter at all. You could input what you know about a child's achievements, and even use it as a discussion tool with parents, who could offer examples for you for things their child does outside the centre, and upload their own pictures and comments. I think it would work very well, if you could get parents on board to use it too. Otherwise you could just use it as a " 'show send tell' look what we have been doing" sort of thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)