Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff discount

josies29

It's a minefield, this one. I never did it unless the member of staff had been called in to cover a shift and had no choice but to bring their child. In effect, by offering discount, you could be seen to be paying her more, if you understand what I mean.

It's a minefield, this one. I never did it unless the member of staff had been called in to cover a shift and had no choice but to bring their child. In effect, by offering discount, you could be seen to be paying her more, if you understand what I mean.

We do the same. We are preschool so not really to much of an issue really as all our main staff are 'mature' :D

We are a day nursery and give a 25% discount to staff, rising by 5% each year.

Children are not allowed to be in the same room that their parent works in. So, for example we currently have someone who works in our pre-school room whose little boy has been in our baby and toddler room but will go to another setting in July when he would be old enough to move into the pre-school room.

None..

When we discussed this it was decided that when you add up all the money you are discounting to someone it is like giving them extra wages..and the care of the child costs no less than any of the others..

So was it fair on the staff who were not getting any 'privileges' ?

• Like 1

there has been another thread on this so its worth a search. There was some discussion as to whether or not it would be considered a "benefit in kind" but I can't remember the final answer on this.

That said, no discount here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)