Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP

Panders

When my LA lead was checking whether we had to even engage with claiming EYPP she made calls to DfE and Ofsted first - both outfits advised her that early years children didn't qualify for EYPP :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink: (She has since emailed them with all the details xD )

Holds head in hands :ph34r:

• Like 3

My completed forms by parents in the filing cabinet.....LEA still not doing anything about this ..or not that they have told me :-P

At our briefing we were told that LAs were given funding to get systems going for EYPP - however this money was not ring fenced and allegedly some LAs have spent it on other things - my LA have spent 10K buying into a checking system for parents to either check themselves or for us to check for them. This 10K buys access to the system for 2 years - what happens after that is anyone's guess.

Are you ready to hold your head in your hands again Sunnyday? :ph34r::ph34r:

I find it far more effective to bang my against the wall (explains a lot) xDxDxD

• Like 1

At our briefing we were told that LAs were given funding to get systems going for EYPP - however this money was not ring fenced and allegedly some LAs have spent it on other things - my LA have spent 10K buying into a checking system for parents to either check themselves or for us to check for them. This 10K buys access to the system for 2 years - what happens after that is anyone's guess.

Are you ready to hold your head in your hands again Sunnyday? :ph34r::ph34r:

I find it far more effective to bang my against the wall (explains a lot) xDxDxD

Yes just off now for a bit of head banging.....

• Like 2

Well I definitely want to bang my head against a wall too.

After going on our unique portal to check funding actuals for this term, I discover that only one child has been passed for EYPP.

After calling the funding dept was told that the details entered did not match the criteria.

Well I know for a fact that 3 certainly should have, as they already received 2 yr funding.

I was then told that there is nothing we can now do about it, and that the checking can only be done 3 times a year, I just want to scream.

:( :(

Fredbear, the two year funding criteria and EYPP criteria are not the same. If I'm right ( off the top off my head as I have no forms here) you may claim 2 year funding if you are on WFT credit but this is not a criteria for EYPP, or its something similar.

Well we got the rest of our funding today- we had applied for 6 children for EYPP all doing various hours between them and have been given £451 overall. No idea which children have qualified and after reading what someone has just said about all children benefiting am now not sure it matters. I was under the impression that Ofsted would want to see how the money had 'benefited' the child it had been given for.Or possibly your LA could ask for it to be 'tracked' in an audit- Anyway I have emailed our LA to ask do I need to do this and if so how can I do it not knowing who has what?

But do we? Where did I hear this as I cant find it now.

Edited by lynned55

Some families receiving 2 year funding wont automatically meet the criteria for EYPP, hence having to check again. The criteria for 2 year funding expanded in its second year to include more families but these families wont all be eligible for EYPP, neither will those with a b disability

Yes it appears that must be the case. Or my 2 yr old funded children's circumstances now they fall into the 3/4 category have changed. As looking at both sets of criteria 3 of them should by my scrutinising have received it.

Is the extra workload for us really worth it I ask.

None of my funded 2 year olds qualified for EYPP - apparently it is something to do with whether you get working tax credit or not

One of my LA funding officers checked this out for me and this is what I have been told

"If a family are entitled to receive Working Tax Credit then they will not be eligible to receive the Early Years Pupil Premium.

The two year old funding criteria states that families who are entitled to receive Working Tax Credit can qualify so this is the difference."

With regard to spending - this is taken from the article the PSLA wrote about EYPP
"Training: Although the EYPP is a targeted funding allocation, the funding doesn’t not necessarily have to be spent solely on
eligible children. It may well be that more general interventions which support all children in a setting or registered with a
childminder is the most effective way to support those eligible for the EYPP.
As such, managers may wish to use EYPP funding to purchase staff training in areas known to support children’s early
development. For example, developing staff skills to support literacy will enable practitioners to be more confident in
promoting children’s language development, and identifying and tracking children at risk of delay. Similarly, training staff to better identify and respond to a child’s lack of social and emotional skills and promote positive behaviour can also boost children’s overall developmental progress. Looking beyond the setting or the childminder’s home itself, training to
support parents with their child’s home learning environment – giving them strategies and advice on how to boost
their child’s development – could have a significant impact on the child’s progress. Such general upskilling of the staff team
may well be the most effective way of supporting the development of individual eligible children."
The full article can be accessed here

Just checked Suffolk CPD site.....EYPP funding IS only 53p....sorry fellow forumers.....

but our EYPP is only for 3/4 years old....reading the guidance it is only the criterion for 2 year old funding that is the same for claiming.....hope I have got it right ....

None of my funded 2 year olds qualified for EYPP - apparently it is something to do with whether you get working tax credit or not

EYPP is only for 3/4 year olds :1b

I meant when my funded 2 year olds moved into the funded 3 year old stream - hope I haven't confused anyone (who wasn't already confused :rolleyes: )

Well, we appear to have got some for a child that never in a million years I would have expected it!!.

We decided to add the forms to our registrations forms for all new parents to fill in.

New child completed all forms- we added to funding claims. Just want to add we live in a fairly affluent area, and both parent work full time in the city, and obviously I know their address!!!!

I'm just glad the child only does a few hours with us (grandparents do the childcare)........... 'cos I have the feeling we will be asked for the money back!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had lots of parents say that they claimed the benefits that make them eligible for the EYPP but only 1 has received it. Thankfully the little one is still here in Sept

I know that there is going to be a big focus on where the money is spent and benefit/impact etc does anyone have a template that I could have a look at that sets out the funds, what it was used for and its impact?

Hi there

In case anyone hasnt seen this yet, early Education are running and 'EYPP project', where they are asking for examples of good practice and use of EYPP from the sector.

They also have some proformas that you can use or adapt for your setting,

They can be found

https://www.early-education.org.uk/eypp

Also the Foundation years have some case studies that are worth reading..especially looking at their range of 'evidence'. They can be found

http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/category/eypp/

In addition there is the Education Endowment Foundation early years toolkit. Personally Im not that keen on this one as I dont think its easy to follow the evidence trail, but it is being heavily promoted and other might like it.

https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/

Its worth being aware that schools started out with a fairly small amount of money for PP and its grown into quite a substantial amount now, because of the evidence base that shows it making a difference. The same could happen in early years too so it really is 'use it or lose it'. Its still very early days yet and there will be some difficulties and challenges along the way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The reason I queried it is because last term I thought I would have around 5 children eligible based on the fact that they are low income families (had been 2 year funded children) and their siblings in primary school received pupil premium. That's the figure we worked with. Unfortunately, end of summer term we find out only 1 child entitled. When I queried with LA was told different checks used?????

Needless to say, we will not be spending any EYPP money until we receive it and until we have recouped what has already been spent!

Edited by lsp

I did know that being a 2 yr funded didn't automatically mean eligible for EYPP, but only because I asked thinking it would be, but it doesn't make sense that a sibling in school is assessed differently :/.

I'm not giving everyone another form for checking, I just thought I'd put on a news letter the criteria and collect a form if they think eligible, there is an article in the under 5's mag which is quite interesting.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)