Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I see things aren't improving...

Jester

I was looking on my local authority website at jobs as has been my habit the last few years to see what is about and saw a post for an EYP hourly pay rate of £6.54! Really? Is this all a graduate is worth? I get £7.00 an hour to stack shelves in a supermarket! I'm pretty shocked and funnily enough I'm not sure if I am tempted back now.

I was looking on my local authority website at jobs as has been my habit the last few years to see what is about and saw a post for an EYP hourly pay rate of £6.54! Really? Is this all a graduate is worth? I get £7.00 an hour to stack shelves in a supermarket! I'm pretty shocked and funnily enough I'm not sure if I am tempted back now.

That is dire! :(

What an insult......

I thought we were paying quite low as a charity with limited resources but our lowest rate is £6.80 for a level 2. EYPs get up to £9.10

Absolutely - my lowest rate is £8.66 (L3 with no added responsibilities)

£9.16 for L3 with SENCO role

Let's hope it's a mistake - could be they are using Early Years Practitioner without really knowing what that really means, and they are after a level 2 assistant.

• Like 1

I thought we were paying quite low as a charity with limited resources but our lowest rate is £6.80 for a level 2. EYPs get up to £9.10

That's a lot fairer.

Absolutely - my lowest rate is £8.66 (L3 with no added responsibilities)

£9.16 for L3 with SENCO role

Round here a L3 is lucky to get £6.50 an hour

Let's hope it's a mistake - could be they are using Early Years Practitioner without really knowing what that really means, and they are after a level 2 assistant.

It actually says in the job description they are looking for someone with EYPS with its emphasis on being a graduate, it's an absolute disgrace that people are paid so lowly here, no wonder the staff turnover is shockingly bad.

Here is a bit of the advert

Early Years Professional Status Nursery Nurse

Salary: £6.54 an hour

Job Type: Full Time

Work pattern: All year

Closing Date: 30th of April 2015

Minimum Qualifications: Graduate Childcare Qualification (HND, Degree, Others)

I'm in Norfolk sunnyday

Here is a bit of the advert

Early Years Professional Status Nursery Nurse

Salary: £6.54 an hour

Job Type: Full Time

Work pattern: All year

Closing Date: 30th of April 2015

Minimum Qualifications: Graduate Childcare Qualification (HND, Degree, Others)

I'm in Norfolk sunnyday

:(:( :angry:

haha had a trustees meeting so only just got back...to be fair to the company i think the eyp bit might have been a misquote as it isn't mentioned on their website!....still appalling though whatever level

Perhaps someone cleverer that me would send a copy to Nursery World, NDNA, PSLA, Ofsted Early Years directorate and Sam G posing the question "I wonder why the sector fails to attract graduates?"

Very good idea and actually this takes me back to the EYE value nursery nurses more campaign, it then completely backfired because the powers that be decided our training wasn't enough and we had to do more.

haha had a trustees meeting so only just got back...to be fair to the company i think the eyp bit might have been a misquote as it isn't mentioned on their website!....still appalling though whatever level

But why put that they are looking for graduate level? I know of this nursery and they are meant to be very very good which is why I am even more shocked.