Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping up to date with Current Research

Rob6692

Hello All,

Having just completed my Foundation Degree, I have now lost access to the online university library and therefore any openathens logins. Hence, I can no longer access the places I normally look to in order to keep updated with current Early Years research, such as the EYE online magazine.

In light of that, how do you all keep up to date with current Early Years research? Are there any really good websites, facebook pages or forums etc. that regularly post new research articles/studies?

Thank you!

Here!!!

I have a subscription to Nursery World, that usually gives outlines on current research/thinking and further links to follow.

I also have a really long list of websites- saved as favourites- that I've added to over the years which I often go back to.

This forum I have found brilliant since I joined a vast pot of knowledge and a great place to share it:)

Nursery world

4 children web site

Foundation stage web site

DfE

Ofsted

Ndna

Pre school learning alliance

Hello all!

Thank you for the ideas, there's a couple I was unaware of. Although I am, preferably, looking for non-membership or free sites. An out-of-context example would be this webstie --> Phys.org that I use to keep updated on science research.

Thank you for the welcome by the way thumperrabbit. I actually joined a couple of years ago following a Men in Childcare conference as an area was setup specifically for us, but nobody used it so I stopped checking. As I said though, I'm having to find more information outlets.

• Like 1

Hi. Just reading articles in newspapers can lead you research. You are right that in some cases you have to pay but mostly you get an outline of the research.

Another way would be to mentor a degree student who has access and during a mentor session to take a look?!?

This forum is always good. When someone comes across new research it is often shared. Can be a bit competitive to who shares it first!

Hi. Just reading articles in newspapers can lead you research. You are right that in some cases you have to pay but mostly you get an outline of the research.

Another way would be to mentor a degree student who has access and during a mentor session to take a look?!?

This forum is always good. When someone comes across new research it is often shared. Can be a bit competitive to who shares it first!

Hello,

That's very true, although I can't say I ever look at newspapers.

Nice idea, I shall keep that in mind should someone I know start a course!

I have a feeling I shall be checking here more regularly then :)