Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

science week ideas

we have a science week coming up in a couple of weeks. nursery (me!) and reception are working together for the day. has anyone got any ideas for some adult focused activities we could do? we want the children to choose from what's on offer, with all children doing one adult activity in each classroom. and any ideas for activities they can choose from when not with adult would be gratefully received!! ;) :1b

Errrrrr how about for child initiated

ice tray with various things contained in the ice cubes, coloured ice cubes.

Magnets and magnetic/non magnetic items, pipe cleaners in a pop bottle is good.

Balloon races on string, bigger balloon further it will race.

Cornflour.

Cars with ramps of various sizes

Sorry if that's not much help, good luck x

Edited by Foreveryoung

Make a volcano as the adult focus ours loved this last year. We had a plastic cup, built up a volcano from playdough around it, put in some white vinegar and then added bicarbonate of soda. (instructions on internet google or youtube)

Could do discovery bottles plenty of information about those on line, I particularly like putting raisins into lemonade bottles and watching them go up and down the bottle and see if the children can work out why,or oil and coloured water and how it separates.

• Like 3

Make a volcano as the adult focus ours loved this last year. We had a plastic cup, built up a volcano from playdough around it, put in some white vinegar and then added bicarbonate of soda. (instructions on internet google or youtube)

Ditto Panders - we then let the children go with the flow with the junk modelling and the dinosaurs and encouraged them to have a go at modelling a volcanic dinosaur landscape which they enjoyed.

• Like 1

thanks so much everyone. loads of great ideas. am really looking forward to it! especially the chocolate one. i think i'll have to model it first!!! x

• 1 month later...

Jelly play. Show the children the different stages, cubes/crystals liquid and set. You can set small objects into the jelly and let the children attack it with a spoon. Fun and messy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)