Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Pupil Premium Guidance for Providers

Thank you Sue - I really need to get my head round this - have received a letter today from our LA - we would receive an additional 0.53 per funded hour - so well worth it - just not at all sure that I will have any eligible children - pretty affluent area here......

There is a pro forma on there.

I haven't really taken much notice of this as our setting is in a very rich area but we do get one or two two year old funding.

Do we really have to rely on parents completing a form to ensure we get extra money when there is no finicial gain to them. Getting them to sign a grant form to recieve hundreds a pounds worth of free childcare is beyond them. Even if I threaten to bill them for it if they don't sign the form.

An idea: Bill everyone the extra fee's until they send in a completed form.

Anyway what is the extra money for. Our two year old funded turn up in new clothes every session, have expensive foreign holidays and days out.

• Like 3

all you need to ask for is national insurance number which once LAs have sorted out a format they can be checked like the 2yr funded checker :1b

I haven't read up on this yet, however if its just the NI number needed, I suppose we could add this on our registration forms ? We already ask to see birth cert before claiming funding.

I haven't really taken much notice of this as our setting is in a very rich area but we do get one or two two year old funding.

Do we really have to rely on parents completing a form to ensure we get extra money when there is no finicial gain to them. Getting them to sign a grant form to recieve hundreds a pounds worth of free childcare is beyond them. Even if I threaten to bill them for it if they don't sign the form.

Anyway what is the extra money for. Our two year old funded turn up in new clothes every session, have expensive foreign holidays and days out.

Same here.....out of our taxes.....

Can I please ask (as there's very little guidance!) - do I send out the letter and form to those children who are already 3, or also those that will be 3 between now and Easter? Or everyone - 2 year olds too, ready for when they ARE eligible?

Thanks.

You could send it out now, but it is only applicable from April 2015. If you have two year olds already eligible then they should go straight into this, the term after their 3rd birthday, as long as their circumstances have not changed.

All others would have to notify you to allow you to claim on their behalf.

Edited by Fredbear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)