Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Campaign for funding for all!

I've started a campaign to raise awareness of the funding issues providers and families face regarding additional support for children with SEND. I've contacted the DfE (who didn't answer my question directly so I've asked 2 more!) who stated they are keen to hear from providers - please don't let them down, tell them what's really happening in terms of the complete postcode lottery of funding (or lack of) for children with identified and emerging SEND.

I've also contacted my MP and Parliamentary Candidates and put a link so it's very easy for you to do the same. I'm sure we all know families who have been completely let down by this completely unaccountable system, please help me to do something about it, it will take you 10 minutes!

Details are here: http://www.kathrynstinton.com/#!funding-campaign/c1u37

THANKYOU

If each of the 88 people that have viewed this post have contacted the DfE and their MP I will be so happy! :1b

I heard today from a parent who has a 3 year old boy with Cerebral Palsy. Mum works and wants him to access his full 15 hours of free childcare but the Local Authority will only fund 5 hours of additional support for him, that's the maximum amount they provide for any child who hasn't got an Education, Health and Care Plan. Mum is involving her MP but is terrified that she'll be forced to give up work and this will lead to her losing her house which she has begun to adapt to meet her little boy's needs. This is the tip of the iceberg, I know there are many providers and families in situations like this. Please join the campaign, I really believe we can make a difference:

http://www.kathrynstinton.com/#!funding-campaign/c1u37

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)