Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Objective Led Planning

Hi,

I've been using OLP since September and we have found it to be very successful.

When OFSTED came in this month, they asked us how we set targets for the children and we explained how the OLP works. I also have 1 other next step for each child which is focused on in their focus week and then their subsequent next step will feed into my medium term plan (which is basically objectives that we need to work on)

Just thought that if you use OLP then you like to know that it seems to go down alright with OFSTED. We do 2 per week in Nursery and Reception do 1.

Green Hippo xxx

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I am in Nursery so my days runs differently to the Reception class.

I do phonics or finger gym first thing in differentiated groups, followed by a child initiated session where we use of Objective Led Planning (we only set up adult-led activities as short starter activities if necessary - I prefer to enhance the areas and go to children in their play to cover the objectives), this is followed by focused activities - we split into 3 groups for these.

In reception they do phonics (RWI) and Maths in the morning with directed access to continuous provision. In the afternoon, they access continuous provision with Objective Led Planning and a focus activity running alongside.

Hope this helps,

Green Hippo x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Green Hippo,

We use successfully OLL too in my setting but we are struggling to make the planning robust in our Reception classes. (Before this they were doing 14 a4 sides a week - compared to my inside and outside skills to develop plan in a Nursery!) Would it be possible to see yours by any chance please?

I am heartened and pleased to hear about your Ofsted experience - if you can talk about the impact of OLL how can they not see the power of using it.

Thank you.

Susan

Focus Planning week 3blank.doc

Hi,

I will upload a OLP that I did in Spring with the names removed. The OLP is in addition to my other planning which is adult-led activities which cover all the areas that are not covered by the OLP. We do these adult-led activities in small groups at the same time (i.e. not while we have child-initiated play.) The OLP provides us with a skill focus for the child-initiated play sessions.

I am currently thinking through our next steps system. As far as I am aware OLP can be used to replace individual next steps, however, we have continued with 1 individual next step in addition to the OLP. However, this has proved to be a bit too much and not easy to keep track of. Plus, we are meeting these individual next steps through the other planning including OLP. Hmmm....

In Reception, they have 1 OLP for the afternoons through the week. It is quite formal in the morning as they have RWI and then maths which is done in small groups but all doing maths. The reception teacher, again, plans for all areas of learning minus the area(s) covered by the OLP.

Green Hippo x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)