Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So pleased!

green hippo

Congratulations!

We are imminently due a visit and have been on tenterhooks since October.

I see that your Reception class do not have direct access to the outdoors. We too have the same issue with both our reception (3 form) and nursery classes not having free flow access due to the limitations of the building and staffing.

Can I ask how they organise the outdoor access as it is such a problem for us I would like to hear other peoples experiences.

green hippo - what evidence/paperwork did they want to see with regard to safeguarding issues e.g. risk assessments, records of foods offered, accident/incident records etc?

• 4 weeks later...

lannie7 - yes we are 1 form entry. Would there be a way of having 30 children out at one time at some points through the day.

DevonMaid - They didn't check anything like this! They check the overall safeguarding for the school but didn't ask us about risk assessments, food records, incidents etc.

Green Hippo x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

congratulations great news!!

We are currently good, but i have asked our leader to put in place an action plan to move us from good to outstanding (or try to) asap. we have the budget to get this done so hoping we can get this moving quickly.

any hints and tips be greatly appreciated xxx

Hi AJR7 I would see an outstanding setting as something that hasn't just been done, but evolved over time and with due diligence and truly embedded in all that you are and do.

This may take many different formats depending on your provision. but should truly reflect best outcomes and experiences for the children in your care.:)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)