Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Proud!

Have spent the weekend making a Storyboard/felt Board!!!!!

Only took me Half an hour to make in the end and cost me £0 !!!

After walking around town trying to find cheap felt and a suitable backing (to no avail) ,came home and cut up a old Felt Christmas stocking (shhh don't tell hubby!. Then found a bit of card for backing Cross stitch that i have kept ?! behind my chest of draws! Have not done cross stitch for about 15 yrs !.

Cheated by downloading pictures , laminated them and stuck small bits of Velcro to them

TADA have not made one of these in years . Last time i did i was doing my NNEB training .

Sorry had to share with someone!!!!!!!! hubby not interested! . Looking at it though i may have to make another one !.

Looking forward to sharing it with Pre-School tomorrow .

Does anyone else use Story Boards ?

post-43045-0-48067100-1422231107_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

looks lovely and almost free...

I used to use one...ours was huge though as it was made from the green baize from a snooker table.. a parent gave me a large piece of it....worked brilliantly tied onto a hanging rack on wheels .

the most popular one was the hungry caterpillar.. got the printables from DKLT Felt board fun

trouble is it is so easy to become addicted to adding more and more stories.. think I had at least 20 , we had a cheap plastic file box for each one and they were well used.. I was often having to replace one or two pictures where they wore out or became lost.. I am sure I had one little one who took a piece home to play with..

Edited by Inge
  • Like 1

I love either drawing my own or printing off pictures from different websites and then laminating them to go on our felt story board. I have made loads and loads of story boards by using this method, Children love it as well. Just be warned if you are like me you will keep thinking of different stories to put on the felt boards as well as my own number lines (using photos of the children) numbered tools for our construction area, 10 in a bed and other rhymes, etc, etc.

Yours look good - well done Chrissie - looks good.

V

• Like 1

Lovely job!

I made mine when I did my pre-school playgroup association diploma 23 years ago, and it's still going strong - hope yours give you as much pleasure.

Thanks guys . I made a HUGE one when i did my NNEB but have a feeling its got lost/thrown away in my many Moves! .

Not sure it will last long as its VERY cheap felt. At the Mo it will do the job . Enjoying browsing net for ideas and pictures . I have drawn my own in the past but find it easier to print out outlines and paint and then LAMINATE TADA!!!!!!! LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)