Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

points progress

Hi Folks.

I teach reception and obviously know where they are supposed to be by the end of the year but during the year, how many jumps/points are they supposed to make every term or half term for it to be 'typical/expected progress?

I keep getting different advice from different sources.

Thanks x

Typical would be to go from like to like - ie emerging 30 -50 to emerging 40- 60. If they do more tan that it could be defined as rapid progress.

It's more about closing gaps between groups and progress vs attainment to measure achievement relative to strating points!

Cx

• 2 months later...

are you meaning that for progress across Reception?

We have a lot of children who entered Reception either below or well below Age Related Expectations

for example 22-36 months developing, 22-36 months secure or 30-50 secure - how much progress would you feel is typical/rapid in a 6 month period ?

That would be right across reception.

As most people use an emerging, developing, securing or similar system then I'd say going from one to the next one might suggest typical progression during the year.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)