Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's in the box?

We have thought of various ideas for topic What's in the box? Such as - picnic box, tool box, treasure/jewellery box, book box, toy box and feely box but would like some other ideas please.

We don't really want to do boxes of items such as brushes, shiny things, kitchen utensils etc.

If you can think of things ............box. Something box?????

Thanks hope you can help with an idea or two

V

cool box

pencil box

we have a key box .. all those random keys we cannot remember what for, amazing how often we can match them up , you could do one using keys and padlocks.. they have to open the padlocks by finding the right key...did it once and it kept a group of rowdy noisy children very happy for ages

shoe box

egg box

window box

well you did ask for boxes...

• Like 1

I have been using a box as a song box. We sing what's in the box? and then choose a child to open the box and choose a song related puppet/object. We then sing the song. Still going and popular after 10 years!

I have been using a box as a song box. We sing what's in the box? and then choose a child to open the box and choose a song related puppet/object. We then sing the song. Still going and popular after 10 years!

I like that idea Kate - what are your lyrics & tune for the 'What's in the Box' ??

Hello,

Not sure if you could use our idea that we use for circle time but its a magic box and things come out depending what the children say and things go in depending on what they say and feel. Sometimes our magic box might be full of colours and sounds. Plus no resources are needed apart from enthusiastic staff and a cosy place to sit.

It has been great for imagination, freedom to listen and talk in a group, also understanding children's interests.

Or u could make a wish/happy or feelings box. Children could add their thoughts (practitioners could document what is said in speech bubble), pictures into a box and these could be shared at group times. Its a bit like our show and tell bucket.

Hope this helps

I like that idea Kate - what are your lyrics & tune for the 'What's in the Box' ??

I'm not sure of the name of the tune, but the words are:

'What's in the box?

'What's in the box?

Let's see, let's see

What's in the box?'

I think that the tune might be similar to here comes the bride, but I wouldn't stake my life on it :1b

fun game with older ones is get a match box and see how many different things you can fit in it....no duplicates so 1 grain of rice, 1 sequin, 1 little piece of pasta etc

I only say older ones because things are little and could be swallowed

Good for language about size and we had things like model elephant but talked about real elephants not fitting in etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)