Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forest School First Aid

I have done my forest school training but need to do the 16 hour outdoor first aid course and am finding it really difficult to find one nearish to where I live (Bucks).

Does anybody know of any courses that I could access locally (the company that did the training do them but they are in Glos).

TIA

There is one course organised in Surrey by Surrey Wildlife Trust:

Thursday 16th to Friday 17th April 2015 9am-5pm

OUTDOOR FIRST AID

This REC Outdoor First Aid Training is ideally suited to those who work or play in the outdoors and may have to deal with first aid incidents when at a distance from the emergency services and when carrying minimal first aid equipment. A strong emphasis is on practical skills with plenty of hands on practice using lots of outdoor scenarios. Suitable for all adults, especially Forest School Leaders. Booking is Essential as places are limited. Please book before 2 March 2015.

Venue: Nower Wood Educational Nature Reserve, Mill Way, Leatherhead KT22 8QA

Leader: Qualified trainers from Training Expertise.

Cost: £138

I'm not really sure of the difference except it has to be 16 hours instead of 12. I suppose this incorporates the outdoor element of the training i.e how to recognise and deal with hypothermia.

Thanks for the replies I will be having a look at them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)