Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Frozen role play

Hi all

I would like to set up a frozen themed role play area after Christmas but my mind has gone blank as to what I could put in it for the children to do.

Some of our children are finding role play quite tricky at the moment so we would like to develop this.

I have looked on pinterest but the ones they show, I cant see what the children can actually 'do' in them!

Thanks in advance

I am doing this next term, though with Yr1 and 2 children who all have communication needs. I decided to use the wintry scene as inspiration and challenge for block play/construction using Lego and wooden blocks, add figures etc and develop the role play through small world play instead of actual role play (if you see what I mean). I also have books of the story and The Snow Queen story and Winter's Child as inspiration.

Look at the resources section, some lovely ideas for ice and snow topic, not particularly role play but good starting points. We have built with plastic bottles before, draw designs in role play. Look out for icicles, snowflakes decorations in the sales. I got some super large snowflakes from 99p shop just before Christmas. Think this theme is going to be a popular one, I needed a refresher of the film, good excuse for a cosy DVD night with my 26year old daughter and a bottle of wine!

• Like 1

Hi all

I would like to set up a frozen themed role play area after Christmas but my mind has gone blank as to what I could put in it for the children to do.

Some of our children are finding role play quite tricky at the moment so we would like to develop this.

I have looked on pinterest but the ones they show, I cant see what the children can actually 'do' in them!

Thanks in advance

What's your learning objective for this area? is you have a focus for teaching then the ideas will be easy to come up with. As your children are quite young though maybe you need to stick with what they know first ...so how about doing the palace kitchens...that way they can do their role play in a way they know. I always think they have to learn to be themselves before they learn to be someone else!

• Like 1

Here is a role play area which could easily be used around the theme of 'Frozen'; my children used it for a grotto at Christmas. It was relatively easy to put together using a large dome tent - we wanted a 'Narnia' effect, so used a spare artificial Christmas tree and just added cotton wool snow.

post-36487-0-25911400-1420230671_thumb.jpg

post-36487-0-71378200-1420230799_thumb.jpg

post-36487-0-49326500-1420230948_thumb.jpg

post-36487-0-85141300-1420231093_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)