Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Baseline Assessments

Hi All

I know the criteria for the Baseline Assessments is out and the list of approved assessments should be out in early 2015. Does anybody have any idea of how many commercial companies may be on the approved list? I can't find out anything other than the above.

Thanks

Some schools are trialling systems - I think mostly in October,early November - and are reporting back (I know of one locally, others have been sworn to secrecy) - so I guess it's still a case of 'watch this space'. Unnerving isn't it?!

There will be no limit to the number of companies that will be given the initial contracts, but each baseline assessment must be taken up by a certain number of schools by April 2015 (it's around 1770 schools) , or they will not be permitted to offer them to schools in Sept 2015. There are around 16,000 potential schools for the companies to try and encourage to use their product. :1b

• Like 1

For anyone interested, the criteria is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359832/Baseline_criteria.pdf

Its the 'single objective binary decision' that appears to make it quite restrictive.. I know Early Excellence are submitting a bid based on the Leuven scales and COEL, of which I am a big fan, so I am somewhat intrigued as to what that might look like!

I think schools will get loads of stuff through their mail come February, so I cant imagine you'll miss out. But a discussion on what people are seeing and trialling might be really helpful nearer the time.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)