Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Performance Management - target setting

in Year R

All children to make good progress in c and l, literacy and maths, eg to move from 30-60b to 40-60b as a minimum, at least 61% to make better than expected,eg to move from 30-60b to 40-60s (b=beginning, w= working withing, s=secure)

At least 75% to be acheiving 'expected' at least in c&l, literacy and numeracy.

Then a personal development target.

Yours?

I'm in nursery. I have not yet had my meeting :huh: - everyone else appears to have had theirs. I just wondered what targets other forum members have. I have never before been given a target based on GLD, but think this will happen this year.

Re: the personal development target, I am not sure what to set - possibly EAL.

Thanks for your reply.

we haven't used GLD on purpose because it's sooooooo tricky!

Have focussed on the elements our children need most input in to achieve GLD.

EAL is 100% for me! In previous years my personal targets have centred on booster groups I have worked with - one on SSM and another on C&L last year. Would you use your Blast programme as a booster group maybe?

nursery - 60% to achieve GLD in 3 prime areas, maths and literacy. and on entry they are really below. not sure any are GLD for all aspects for all 5 areas combined...... they are entered on target tracker and am number crunching with FS leader weds. it's a new thing and i missed training due to home visits in sept. it's going to be a massive challenge but got 57% last year with less able top end so hope i can do it. well sadly my pay depends on getting it. reception GLD low last year so targets high for us both ....

talking about achieving GLD in nursery

at age-related expectations

so it's a different thing altogether in school as to achieve a GLD a child must achieve 'expected' in prime areas and literacy and numeracy

how do you deal with childrens results who may have SEND and are not at age related stage?

We assess using month bands as usual, then look at the progress they have made from their starting points.

Would expect children with additional support or IEP's to make similar progress to the bulk of the year group, though maybe at lower levels - usually their attainment shows up as being quite spikey as they achieve well in some areas and not so well in others (my autistic boy is currently working at elg's for writing and 8-20 for EAD2).

If progress is significantly slower at the mid-year assessments then there is an opportunity to discuss this at the mid-year appraisal meeting - may have extra support directed if at all possible.

how do you deal with childrens results who may have SEND and are not at age related stage?

they are expected to make a year's progress from starting point. so if 8-20 months beginning on entry, being 16-26 beginning would be considered to be adequate progress by end of year. but want us to close gap for those children as well as target for rest

talking about achieving GLD in nursery

so it's a different thing altogether in school as to achieve a GLD a child must achieve 'expected' in prime areas and literacy and numeracy

that's our SLT take on it. want us and reception to be in line with eachother